Top Gear in Youtube is now Restricted...

I just watched them normally just now with no proxy, back to normal I guess. Then I never watch any from youtube anyway. Torrents ftw.

Yep it was fixed this morning, the comment page was filled with hate last night.

at least they do take "criticism" seriously and not just ignore it...
actually, to be honest with you, i DID rather think the bbc (worldwide! oh yeah!) law-enforcement-squad would do just that: ignore ANY complaints -.-

Still...

Still...

at least they do take "criticism" seriously and not just ignore it...
actually, to be honest with you, i DID rather think the bbc (worldwide! oh yeah!) law-enforcement-squad would do just that: ignore ANY complaints -.-

Ok I'll give them that they did react pretty quickly... but still, they did try to shut that off, and to be hones I dont think that they've learned the lesson of how the internet works :p

Anyway, thanks guys for sharing my love/hate relationship with the BBC

Just a tip in case this happens again. From this site: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-youtube-url-tricks-you-should-know-about/

9. Bypass Youtube Regional Filtering

Some videos are only available in certain parts of the world. Your IP Address is used to determine your location and then allow or deny access to the video. Change the url from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<somecode> to http://www.youtube.com/v/<somecode>

They still seem to be a bot overzealous, I received this YouTube love letter yesterday:

"This is to notify you that we have removed access to your video, D MOTOR vs. Top Gear (english subs) 1 of 5, as a result of a notification by BBC Worldwide Ltd. claiming that this material is infringing.

Please Note: Accounts determined to be repeat infringers may be terminated. To avoid this, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading infringing videos..."

However, the video says ? Discovery Communications Europe (2008) and was also featured on the Top Gear site.

They still seem to be a bot overzealous, I received this YouTube love letter yesterday:

"This is to notify you that we have removed access to your video, D MOTOR vs. Top Gear (english subs) 1 of 5, as a result of a notification by BBC Worldwide Ltd. claiming that this material is infringing.

Please Note: Accounts determined to be repeat infringers may be terminated. To avoid this, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading infringing videos..."

However, the video says ? Discovery Communications Europe (2008) and was also featured on the Top Gear site.

I guess as it's a co-production it's shared copyright. But even if it's not, the BBC only claimed you infringed copyright, not their copyright :(

^ That workaround has never worked for me.

During the olympics I uploaded a 30 second interview clip with a BBC presenter sticking a BBC microphone in front of Billy Joe Saunders and asking him about the fight while filming with a BBC camera. I knew it probably wouldn't last long but what did surprise me is that NBC had ordered the takedown and youtube honoured it, presumably automatically regardless of the fact that NBC had nothing to do with the content at all and only had the rights to cover the Olympics in the USA. I suppose I was offering an alternative to their coverage.

They just don't mess around at all these days after that recent case with Viacom, I suspect anything flagged as in violation is automatically removed with the user being able to appeal - not really of course but they say you can - whereas before the onus of proof was far more in the other direction.