Top Gear involved in production speed record (Veyron Super Sport)

What I'd really like to see, is a high speed endurance race with the Bugatti Veyron facing its so-called competitors ("so-called" because I still believe it simply hasn't got any) without being allowed to slow down at high engine temperatures or to maintain the car during the run.

I have a feeling it would be like playing "Ten little Indians".

The S7 is available in RHD (in fact, RHD versions are assembled in the UK and sold there) and it just won its class in LeMans this year. It is absolutely not a barn-built kit car and therefore has a better pedigree than the bloated Audi TT with a Bugatti badge tacked on the front.

So, where's the S7 test, Top Gear? And GraemeH, I'll thank you to retract that blather now, considering just how many cars that Top Gear's reviewed that either 1) are made by two men in a shed, 2) aren't sold in the UK or 3) all the above.

And if you're 1000% pedantic, the S7 is a British car because it was developed by Ray Mallock Ltd., which is a British racing team.

What I'd really like to see, is a high speed endurance race with the Bugatti Veyron facing its so-called competitors ("so-called" because I still believe it simply hasn't got any) without being allowed to slow down at high engine temperatures or to maintain the car during the run.

I have a feeling it would be like playing "Ten little Indians".

this. a 24h race with 200mph+ production cars. lets see who has the best engine!

^you need handling for the nurburgring. i'd put them on a high speed oval. pedal to the metal and keep going!

Maybe this is james

Maybe this is james

Here is a picture from the german Autobild. I'm so sure, that this is James!http://img713.imageshack.**/img713/8292/p2115080710bbb.jpg

Has anyone of our Top Gear eagle eyes ever seen him wearing such a shirt? :think:

James' shirts have a thread of their own of course. Have you tried asking the question over there?

For what it's worth, I think that's almost certainly definitely him, probably

Try asking the girls in the James May Board, I'm sure they'll know

Aaaand:

James-May_1606053c.jpg

Last edited:
We have a winner! :D

Unfortunately, I think I need to spread around more flowery shirts first.

reading the title you shoud've known it's a spoiler, don't click the thread if you don't want to read it...

Still, apologies for my part in sleuthing. I will spoiler tag my most recent post, and do hope only a few saw it.

I wonder if James May reads this forum and now thinks he is in the Twilight Zone or something... :D

So that's how Bugatti broke the record. Driver was like "OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS SHIRT I MUST ACCELERATE!!!".

Can't wait for that episode :D

I never get tired of seeing the Veryon on TG, bring it on!