Top gear is back next month!!! [possible spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, they just can't destroy the iconic Hopkirk Mini in one ski jump, come on.
That mini will be propably a scraped one just to make a stunt. ;)

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Hey, they just can't destroy the iconic Hopkirk Mini in one ski jump, come on.
That mini will be propably a scraped one just to make a stunt. ;)

i was thinking about that. I wouldn't put it passed the TG to do somthing like bring a project out jsut to blow it up, but not one with so much history.

Great stuff!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This should be fun! I wonder what all disciplines will be

OMG!! the Stig without his helmet!!!

ervik_858.jpg

in the swedish article it says that Matt Deamon did the snowmobile jump.. So I guess they gave him Stiggies outfit ? =)

This Deamon guy is some kind of snowmobile pro or? Anyone know?

Okey, lets get some facts out here:

The Top Gear team is spending some "quality" time in Norway doing several olympical competitions with a TopGear twist. They use the arenas used in the 1994 Winter Olympics in and around the town Lillehammer.

20060116_834403_1.jpg

Skijump with a car: They've sent a Mini (A proper Mini, not a BMW) down the K120 ski-jump, complete with three "rockets" for propulsion and skis mounted to the car. They wanted to do the trick twice, with more speed in the second run, but the car stopped against a barrier at the bottom of the hill and was to damaged to go again. The mini landed at about 50 meters.

1137482321252.jpg

Skijump with a snowmobile: Matt Deamon from the sweedish snowmobile-magazine called "Snowmobile" (original, I know..) jumped 58 meters, with an exit speed from the jump of 133,9km/h. The Stig did not jump with the snowmobile.

ervik3_280.jpg

Race: Jaguar XK vs. Eskil Ervik on the olympic ice-rink in "Vikingeskipet" in a town called Hamar. Eskil Ervik is Norwegian and just won the silver medal in the european championship on skates. The Jaguar lost by quite a bit as they weren't able to fit as long spikes to the tires as they wanted. The olympic ice wasn't thick enough to support the longer spikes.

Icehockeymatch with cars: Several small cars participated in a hockeymatch with a giant inflatable hockey puck. Much like the soccermatch they did last season with Toyota Aygos.[/img]

Biathlon: They didn't to the cross country skiing part, just the shooting... From a car... With a machinegun... :D

20060113_834032_1.jpg

Race2: They race a car and a snowmobile, the car looks like a Audi Q7 and the snowmobile looks like its winning big!

That's all we know about for now, they might have planned others, guess we'll see when the program is broadcast.

This will be great! :D

alpha said:
Race2: They race a car and a snowmobile, the car looks like a VW Touareg and the snowmobile looks like its winning big!
your right .. but its a Audi .. (like it matters)
ohh an by the way it wasnt just the mini that jumped..
also 2 (atleast) new Suzuki Swift.. (saw them in the video.. identical paintjob to the mini thou)

PS: the link "Top Gear i Lysg?rsbakken" is to a audio clip...
the link "Hopp med bil og scooter" is to a video clip..

Kebab gud said:
alpha said:
Race2: They race a car and a snowmobile, the car looks like a VW Touareg and the snowmobile looks like its winning big!
your right .. but its a Audi .. (like it matters)

Actually edited my post to reflect the correct car, which is an Audi Q7.

The cars are actually Suzuki Ignis's. Suzuki Norway delivered 10 brand new Ignis's for the hockey-match.

just saw a video clip on the news from the race yesterday ..
and i chould see the stig .. (had the "mask" on.. but the holes are HUGE)
it IS .. Julian Bailey (the eyes and the area around is a match)

Status
Not open for further replies.