Top Gear is the most downloaded show on the internet

fluke667

Car(s)
BMW 325i Cabrio
Ever heard of the British TV show Top Gear?

Far from the U.S.-centric world of ABC-TV shows on iPods, that program - about the exploits of a group of writers who cover the automobile industry - is the one that topped the list of most pirated TV shows for December of 2005 on peer-to-peer Internet networks. According to Bay:TSP, Top Gear is ahead of Desperate Housewives, Lost and other programs as far as files being downloaded on the FastTrack, eDonkey and BitTorrent networks.
:shock:
read here

:shock:
Cool :thumbsup:

this might be bad, what if BBC tries to do something about it?

bartboy9891 said:

Only thing they should do is sell the programms to foreign networks so all the people downloading them could watch them on TV the next day!

^ I would do...

Reason: TG nights with a couple of friends, some bottles of Vodka and a Projector... ;-)

jensked said:
I watch it live, but I also download it. I think most of the downloaders will download it anyway to watch it again.

same, once is good - but i watch them all the damn time

Seems strange to me that more people download TG more than let's say Lost. The later is better known (At least here) and seems much more like something the casual downloader would be interested in.

swek said:
Seems strange to me that more people download TG more than let's say Lost.

That's cause there are tons of people who don't download Lost and just buy the DVDs. Come to think of it, this should give the BBC some ideas. If you make the most downloaded TV program on the planet, and it isn't for sale, then you know what to do.

lots of people in N. America can watch lost on tv and once is enough... we dont realy have any good car show options!

I'm still trying to get my satellite dish, then I can watch live. Cos for the last bit of TG last year I had to download to watch, but I keep a collection anyways and I have the entire collection all here as well as all of JC's and Hamster's and Captain Slow's other TV appearances. :thumbsup:

swek said:
Seems strange to me that more people download TG more than let's say Lost. The later is better known (At least here) and seems much more like something the casual downloader would be interested in.

Good point, but I'd like to the TG is broadcast in more countries that Lost is... but I could be wrong.

bartboy9891 said:

This may show them that they need to release DVD's of all the shows in other countries. I would totally buy it if I could. They would make a ton of money. If they released what little they have out in a format for the US region I would have gotten it already. There is obviously a high demand for it (ooo and a little spider is hanging right in front of my eyes)

bartboy9891 said:
Sure, they can always try... ;)

In the battle against filesharing, the industry is not going to win IMO, never. Somebody will always come up with something new. :)

oliB said:
bartboy9891 said:

In the battle against filesharing, the industry is not going to win IMO, never. Somebody will always come up with something new. :)

Don't be too sure about that. Ever read what will happen with files when Vista/Longhorn comes? You even won't be able to share your word-documents with your friends without having troubles. But there will always be someone who "hacks" all that stuff, but it will be harder every time something new comes out.

freerider said:
oliB said:
bartboy9891 said:

Don't be too sure about that. Ever read what will happen with files when Vista/Longhorn comes? You even won't be able to share your word-documents with your friends without having troubles. But there will always be someone who "hacks" all that stuff, but it will be harder every time something new comes out.
I haven't read anything about Windows Vista actually. But as you said, somebody will "fix" the stuff we, as filesharers, don't like. ;)