Top Gear is the most downloaded show on the internet

If there is so many file sharing, how come currently only one of my six unfinished videos is being downloaded, and the others just sit at about 20%... :(

I wont have cable anytime soon, I can't for one thing. If they made full-featured DVDs, they would make a killing.

oliB said:
bartboy9891 said:
this might be bad, what if BBC tries to do something about it?
Sure, they can always try... ;)

In the battle against filesharing, the industry is not going to win IMO, never. Somebody will always come up with something new. :)

http://img70.imageshack.**/img70/2343/21142youcanneverstoptehinterne.jpg

/fark nerd

Zhukov said:
If there is so many file sharing, how come currently only one of my six unfinished videos is being downloaded, and the others just sit at about 20%... :(

I wont have cable anytime soon, I can't for one thing. If they made full-featured DVDs, they would make a killing.

Which ep.? I'm currently seeding all of season 7...and all but one of the 6 ep. is uploading.

I demand that Top Gear or the BBC release DVDs! I don't mind downloading them, but damn I would love to own their DVDs....

swek said:
Seems strange to me that more people download TG more than let's say Lost.

Lost didn't air December... Just like lots of other shows... That's the reason I guess... People don't know what to DL, and then they try Top Gear...

Buba said:
swek said:
Seems strange to me that more people download TG more than let's say Lost.

Lost didn't air December... Just like lots of other shows... That's the reason I guess... People don't know what to DL, and then they try Top Gear...
I think most american shows only aired one episode last month, Lost aired on the 30 Nov, so it should have been on net in december, but Top Gear aired 3 episodes, so that's the answer. Simply higher supply!
Are there any Top Gear release groups around?

i think there a site, also sth with gear in, they also do 5th gear

i'll make a quick search

EDIT: here it is

freerider said:
oliB said:
bartboy9891 said:

In the battle against filesharing, the industry is not going to win IMO, never. Somebody will always come up with something new. :)

Don't be too sure about that. Ever read what will happen with files when Vista/Longhorn comes? You even won't be able to share your word-documents with your friends without having troubles. But there will always be someone who "hacks" all that stuff, but it will be harder every time something new comes out.

Well, the only thing I have to say about that is that if Microsoft is going to try and stop file sharing all they're doing is shooting themselves in the foot. I mean, if the new Vista is going to have protection measures against the file sharing networks in terms of download and upload .... well, either people will find a way (hackers will release some nice patches to fix this issue) or, people who don't trust publicly released patches (such as these) that might damage their system, they'll switch to Linux, which will probably never do anything like that, and is pretty much free of charge ....
In conclusion, microsoft will not be stoping file sharing, they'll just be losing sales ... what a bunch of idiots :thumbsdown:
It's seriously not their war to fight, so if they step in, they'll just be turning some of their customers against themselves.

zeoniks said:
I demand that Top Gear or the BBC release DVDs! I don't mind downloading them, but damn I would love to own their DVDs....

yep... think of all the bonus features :)

freerider said:
oliB said:
bartboy9891 said:

Don't be too sure about that. Ever read what will happen with files when Vista/Longhorn comes? You even won't be able to share your word-documents with your friends without having troubles. But there will always be someone who "hacks" all that stuff, but it will be harder every time something new comes out.

ithink i wont install vista.....XP is fine for me and anyway, vista won't be such a huge step forward....

I'm also staying with XP, why install Vista if it's going to be such of a bastard? Pointless!

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
I'm also staying with XP, why install Vista if it's going to be such of a bastard? Pointless!
I've seen Vista and besides a very nice look it really doesn't offer much more then XP to the average user...Actually being the CPU hogging bitch that it is,most personal users will probably hate it, wtf is asking for a 128MB vid card minimum req all about? Now they're going to try and block file sharing? (tho the beta I saw had no such feature,emule and BT worked fine). I won't be getting it.
About TG DVDs...TG is one of the rare shows I will actually go and buy, I really want a collection of original DVDs with all the Extras and stuff in it. BBC are just foolish not to release this,did they not hear that TV shows are now like 30% of all DVD sales? They will make a bucketload of money off it.

Look at it this way: It's not syndicated to any other channels (except Discovery channel but it's a bastardized version so it doesn't count), they don't have the series' released on DVD. Downloading them is like taping them off the television.

If they BBC wants to try and stop downloading of their episodes they're just cutting off a massive chunk of their audience. If they ever do release the series' on DVD everyone's gonna run out and buy them because what they saw on the net made them huge fans of the show.

B-Wurm :D

Speak of the devil...I just finished downloading that torrent with seasons 1-7, and they're all backed up nicely on DVD. If only the BBC would realize they could've made a good $50-100 bucks off of me...

This also speaks volumes to the networks and their affiliates here in North America as to the poor choice of automotive programming offered to us. Don't North Americans have the "most passionate, loyal, widespread car-culture"? Why is there nothing on TV to represent this segment? NASCAR just doesn't make the cut for those of us whose homes don't have wheels on them.