Top gear jumping a car on a... [possible spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
avanti said:
Don't really see how they are gonna pull that off, I don't know how many of you that have actually seen a 120m ski jumping hill irl, but its frightening :shock:

ive seen the olympic ones in Calgary... youre right, i wouldnt drive off that :eek:

Chupacabras said:
avanti said:
Don't really see how they are gonna pull that off, I don't know how many of you that have actually seen a 120m ski jumping hill irl, but its frightening :shock:

ive seen the olympic ones in Calgary... youre right, i wouldnt drive off that :eek:

Yeah, the Canada Olympic Park jumps are quite scary, especially if you look down from the departure area! I don't know how the ski-jumpers do it, much less the car-jumpers.

that jumping is a sport i realy can't understand how to start with it.

i mean, at age 6, you get home and say to your parents "i want to start slope juming!"

yeah right :unsure:

same with bobsledgeing

bone said:
that jumping is a sport i realy can't understand how to start with it.

i mean, at age 6, you get home and say to your parents "i want to start slope juming!"

Ski jumping.

I suppose culture has a lot to do with it. Skiing is a pretty popular around northern Europe and as one might expect, give a young chap anything he can go fast with he'll try his best to hurt himself. Well, pick a long slope and you can go rather fast with skis, and it's much easier to hurt yourself if you make a ramp in the bottom. Hell, even I had a go once or twice.

:shock:

and u didn't shit yourself?

bone said:
:shock:

and u didn't shit yourself?

Hardly. We had about 20 metres of a slope and a bit of a ramp. Not a steep slope either, one could climb it without detaching the skis. Jumps were a few metres long, less than five anyway.

Ahh, the memories... It was all very good fun.

A workmate of mine took part in the Ice hockey game with car

A workmate of mine took part in the Ice hockey game with car

Top Gear where looking for Norwegian Rally drivers that could do some stunts for them. The Norwegian Rally Championship was that weekend so that none of the top drivers could do it, so a guy at my work got asked to do it.
He trashed 3 cars during the match and the total cost for the weekend were about ?7 million or 80 000 000 NOK. ( that's Norwegian Money )
They competed in "Ice Hockey", "Ski Jump", "biathlon" and they raced a Jaguar against one of the best ice skaters in the world inside the Vikingeskipet ( the Viking Ship in english ) it's a big dome for ice skating ( 500m, 1000m, 3000m,5000m and 10000m) runs.

Haven't got more details yet but will post as soon as I know more. :thumbsup:

K-DOG said at #gear that top gear would be back in less than a month, I suppose they were doing a special episode for the olympics. He even had some scans of some norwegian magazine and a pic of the original mini cooper skijumping. Not sure when it's aired tho, can't read norwegian.

Status
Not open for further replies.