Top Gear @ Laguna Seca? (future episode talk)

ex8689

From BMW forums:

Top Gear at Laguna Seca last week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was at Laguna Seca this weekend I heard that the Top Gear boys were at Laguna running an NSX and trying to beat the times they recorded while playing one of the X-Box or Nintendo race games. Didn't hear if they were successful.

If it's true, then !!!! :D

Nice idea.. They always find way to shock us (positive ofcourse).. :thumbsup:

The question is is this for UK Top Gear, or a special segment for the American Top Gear?

Well their races always have to get bigger, maybe they're racing to Laguna Seca? :think: :burnrubber:

it's a track in japan, the one where mazda test it's cars

it's featured in most racing games

bone said:

Try the other side of the Pacific mate.

It's in the US.

The really interesting bit about the track is this corkscrew corner. I could never take it properly in gt2 :/

You can't see how the corner goes untill its too late.

Laguna-Seca-corkscrew-lg.jpg

And its history.

The Laguna Seca corkscrew is like a mirror image of Eau Rouge.

If they were there, I wouldn't have minded driving up there to check out their filming. I'm more interested in what cars they were testing . . . perhaps the new Z06 Corvette?

When they say 'some xbox or nintendo game' im sure they mean GT4 for ps2, since clarkson just wrote an article about how realistic and awesome it is, with specific mention of the NSX. Sounds like a cool challenge.

bone said:

Hahahaha! Sorry mate, its hillarious...

Maybe they test some new car built in America... And BMW forum... Z4M??
Hamster has another duell against some Testdriver... who knows, will be fun ;-)

Buba

Well, its built in America, dunno about the M, but the Z4 is...
Its just guessing...

Kip_6666 said:
The really interesting bit about the track is this corkscrew corner. I could never take it properly in gt2 :/

You can't see how the corner goes untill its too late.

Laguna-Seca-corkscrew-lg.jpg

And its history.

oh such a wonderful wonderful corner...

Such a pain in the ass in GT4. I just speed through it and go flying into a barrier. Hey, it actually works!

And Laguna Seca's in California, by the way.

It's not a hard corner once you learn to stop looking for the apex on the right, as you do naturally.

Laguna Seca is in the ToCA RD2, i've played a lot in that game and have to say that it is very tricky, you have to brake far early than you think its time for it, and if you don't you end up on the wall.
In total the track is preety good and quite famous, not my favourite but i like it. 8)

It's in the Forza game as well. Popular Science did a comparison test between real life and Forza, it was a pretty interesting read.
I seem to recall in Pimp My Ride UK that they were installing Xbox's in the cars rather than PS2's which seemed to be the norm in the US version. So maybe it was an Xbox game they were comparing.