Top Gear Lap Times Weekly Challenge.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Week 3 (Click for post) Flying start.

Week 2 (Click for post)

5208359641_74bd522df2_b.jpg

Sik Pony had the idea of a weekly Top Gear challenge, where like the normal GT5 lap times thread, each week it's a different car but everytime around the TG track and the fastest time of the week picks the next car. I'll try and keep every weeks times together in this one post.

Runs Thursday - Wednesday.

Rules and Regulations.
Track: Top Gear Test Track.
Other: Manual standing start (see below)
Assists: Everything off.
Modifications: None (Standard car)
Transmission: Any, please state which when you post your time.
Brake Balance: Dependant on challenge.
View: Any.
Tyres: Dependant on challenge.
Controller: Pad or Wheel (Please state in your time which you use.)
Timer: The time must be valid, eg no red timers for cutting corners, hitting barriers.
Verification: Not needed, but try to save & upload replay if you have a really fast lap.

There is no limit to the amount of times you post, i'll just take your fastest time.
I'll keep editing this post with laptimes whenever they appear.

*Thanks to Loz for pictures and info.

Week 1:
Car:
Renault Avantime
Tyres:
Comfort.

Closing Date:
Closed
Extended due to not being able to find car.

Week 1 Laptimes:
GT VIRUS:1.33.603
Loz: 1:33.989.
thevictor390: 1'34.537.
Aston Martin: 1:36.622
CrazyRussian540: 1:38.513

Last edited:
Personally I would say view doesn't matter... if all goes well I will have the game today and will be all over this.

I understand comfort tires on the Avantime but I assume sports and racing tires can be used if appropriate?

I understand comfort tires on the Avantime but I assume sports and racing tires can be used if appropriate?

Yeah, this thread should have more freedom. I think all aids should be off and keep manual, but everything else is up to the winner to decide.

Last edited:
Few thoughts...

I suggest removing the view rule. There is no performance advantage to be had for using one view over the other, and if someone prefers using the bumper cam (or, in my case, roof cam) over cockpit view I don't see why that should not be allowed. (this, by the way, also applies to the other thread).

Another thing, maybe have these two competitions run on separate days (say, run this from thursday to wednesday) so that the deadlines are not at the same time?

i cant find this car, is it a regional car? if so, maybe we should stick to the "new" cars. im sure they are more global

Yes it's used.
Maybe if one person can find it. We can gift it to each other to do a lap time each?

Still having no luck finding it, I've seen 4 Clio's though.
Also I don't think we have to gift it, just one of us has to change it to 'Share with friends' and everyone can get it.
Click the username in Community and then cars. To try it, my awesome standard Panda is shared.
I tried my tuned 250k Diahatsu Midget II and it won't share.

Shall I extend this one a week?

Last edited:
I tried that with a mate yesterday and we get to drive each other?s cars.
I could see the cars he had uploaded but I couldn?t find any way for me to drive them.

I think that function is for choosing the car your b-spec drive uses online. But maybe I missed something.

I tried that with a mate yesterday and we get to drive each other?s cars.
I could see the cars he had uploaded but I couldn?t find any way for me to drive them.

I think that function is for choosing the car your b-spec drive uses online. But maybe I missed something.

Damn you're right, tried it with Sik Pony. I think it's B-Spec mode, could see his cars but not drive them. :(

Why manual transmission only?

Sorry this threads a work in progress, most people prefer manual. We could do both and when you post your time state. (Auto/Manual)

So we will have to gift it... assuming we can find it.

I'm extending it a week.

Sorry this threads a work in progress, most people prefer manual. We could do both and when you post your time state. (Auto/Manual)

So we will have to gift it... assuming we can find it.

I'm extending it a week.

Well, I'm just curious. I'd imagine people who use the manual shift mode might have a higher advantage, but if people want to use the automatic mode, they should be able to.

Time to start gifting.
I haven't driven it yet, but i'm not fussed.
I gave it an oil change, body rigidity and engine overhaul. (I don't think the last two make a difference)

First on the list is Loz.

Last edited:
Loz has posted his time.
Theres a rumour that if you gift a car while the other person isn't online, you can lose the car.
Also i'm only allowed to gift one car a day, wether that means in a 24 hour period or midnight? Either way, Sik Pony is next.
After Sik is ready to pass it on, he has to gift it straight on to the next person.