top gear 'launch' in melbourne

Jaybo

i just drove past a top gear branded jump & catch ramp, with "top gear - launching monday 29th september" on it, it's in lonsdale st melbourne, near the corner of william st, just outside the law courts...

there was a small camera crew there when i drove past, has anyone else seen this? anyone know what's goin on?

my housemate dropped by there to see what was up, they're basically just filming people's reactions, they've got the ramps set up in the middle of the street where the car parking is, so it looks like they're about to jump half a dozen or so cars, apparently they're going to pack the ramps up later, wait until people park in between where the ramps were, and then set the ramps up again & see what kind of reaction they get from people coming back to find their cars about to be jumped :)

anyone got a stig uniform & a motorbike? :D

Haha wow that's an awesome idea! Looks like these blokes know what they're doing after all :D

Goddamn, only 5 days til the show!

I'll post pics later today. LandCruiser up the top has black-out windows.

I just walked past it not too long ago.
Thought there would be something a little exciting but just two ramps.
Apparently they handed out fliers around the buildings in that vicinity, I only over heard this on the train this morning. But if they were going to do a jump all the parking meters would be in the way.

I can see this whole TopGear Australia section of the forum becoming an endless series of Sydney vs Melbourne flame wars. :rolleyes:

Yeah Sydney should just gracefully accept defeat :p

(Least it's not say Darwin :p)