Top Gear Live 2011/12

No free drinks, but I'll grope you ;)

And I shall be with you and there shall be muchly boozing and low-cut tops complete with mild to moderate lesbianism, or at least that's what normally happens to me at these things ;-P Oh and cars, obviously...
I have to do it, y'know. ;)

:threadnopics:
Oh believe there will be pics! I don't think I've ever been to MPH without there being at least ten shots of my glittery cleavage ;-P
I wish I had some way of getting pics off my phone onto the interwebs....

*wonders whether to be worried or excited that suggsygirl has suggested meeting up with me at Brum*
Excited. Definitely... excited ;)

Massively massively excited for tomorrow! Me and a mate bought tickets on a whim. Looking forward to seeing the exhibit, and of course the stunts in the main show. :)

We've accidentally found LOTS of lesbianism this year - there's an inescapable 'The L Word' convention at the Hilton all weekend. This is proving slightly problematic as I have very short hair at the moment and had advised online friends I haven't met before to look for someone who looks like a short, fat lesbian.

In other words, someone who looks like about half the guests in the hotel...

I have this image of people tapping random lesbians on the shoulder and asking them if they're me.

So.... here I am sat in the bar with some of the TGLive crew... *squees like the fangirl she is*

Went to the Birmingham show this afternoon and thought it was an improvement on the last couple of years. The focus on Olympic and the new arena made it much fresher - they didn't even play car football this year. Some pretty stunning stunts all round.

While entertaining to watch, I felt the other indoor track got a bit samey after a while however. Would have happily swapped it for the free lunch you were previously entitled to in previous years. In fact, because the events were so close together we didn't end up having lunch until 5pm. Queuing up at Subway for half hour wasn't fun when you could just walk into the VIP enclosure for a free pie before.

Also uploaded quite a few videos from the event onto my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmanamanIII

Thanks for sharing the videos Amanaman. It looks as though it was a lot of fun. Love the car curling..

Went yesterday, and thought that while the Olympic thing was a great idea, it just didn't quite have the excitement of last year, which is a shame. Seemed a bit repetitive to me, to be honest.

That said, I'll be honest, I'm a little sad and go there more for the cars than the show aspect, and so naturally I thought Tiff's show was brilliant! In fact, MPH as a whole, in that regard, was far better than last year - the Classic Car Show had a much larger, far more interesting selection than it did last year, IMO. Oh, an outburst of E-Types, for some reason!

We had platinum tickets, and got there early, nothing better than sitting in the enclosure with an XKR-S and Ultima GTR getting sideways right next to you, for seemingly no reason whatsoever!

I loved both shows, and was quite happy to not have the free food :sick: My pics from Birmingham are here; my vids will be uploaded tonight onto my tube-of-uhu channel (but they're not there yet!!), and I'll no doubt bombard you with more pics from the four (yes, four :blink: ) London shows I'm going to.

So.... here I am sat in the bar with some of the TGLive crew... *squees like the fangirl she is*

It always happens the moment I'm not there. I did get chatting to the boss of the drift cars who was very impressed with my squealing about them (I didn't know he was stood behind me) and we saw Shane Lynch in the bar but that's about it.

It was ever-so-lovely to meet you (see the photo where she's sat on my lap :)) and I do hope we get to meet up again.

*hugs*

Just quoting myself (and he-he) here:
Looks like Jeremy made an appearance on Danish television on November 28th. As I don't have sound on this computer, I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but they appear to be talking about TG Live. The current show list doesn't mention Denmark, but anyway:

Wonder why Hammond doesn't do these foreign jaunts these days. Pay not good enough maybe?

Probably a combination of filming and family commitments, plus for the non UK tours I think they prefer the third member of the team to be native.

I've been at the london one. The show was great..

The last time I went to a top gear live event was when it was still called MPH (2006 I guess), and I have to say that the new track part is great. The show with the boys is as good... even better as I enjoyed it being more like the tv show (and there was hamster this time).

But I have to say that the exhibition part was far less entertaining than before. Where are the supercars anymore ? I didn't like all the commercial things, the (awful) tuned cars etc..
It was far better in the MPH where you'd have all the latest cars, exotics spyker, wiesmann...
Only the morgan show room was actually good this year.

Anyhow, it was nice in the end.
Well let's see how it will look like next year.

Last edited:
Wonder why Hammond doesn't do these foreign jaunts these days. Pay not good enough maybe?

Probably a combination of filming and family commitments, plus for the non UK tours I think they prefer the third member of the team to be native.

What MWF said. Crash Course is supposed to premiere Stateside in early 2012. There's a possibility Richard may have to pop over here to promote it, and he'd have to keep those dates clear. (Not saying it will happen, just that it's possible.) And yeah; it's usually two of them plus a local.

Also remember James didn't do any of the foreign shows in 2009 (he was busy working on Toy Stories and his moon programmes); James and Richard split them 50/50 in 2010 (there was one night in Amsterdam that featured all three of them); then two of the four foreign 2011 stops (South Africa and Oslo) had all three of them presenting (the Aussie dates were just James and Jeremy).