Top Gear Live Aus Tour

^^ don't think so. I think they revamp it every year and just keep the major bits (eg cool wall) that are major to the show anyway. I get the feeling we may get some recycled MPH stuff from the UK '09 tour, but that would be fine by me :D Maybe a brit who has been a copuple years in a row can clarify?

And yeah, I'm going again. I really cannot wait, it will be just after I quit my current job and have nothing to do but sit around for a month, then go to uni :D. Needless to say, I'm gonna make the most of it- merch splurge!!!!!!

EDIT: would be cool if we could work a FinalGear meetup into it- organise to try and get as many of us to go to a certain day and time as possible, and then meet up somewhere there. Would be the best chance of having an Aussie-wide meeting, it would be the best way to get a multi-state meeting- can't think of any other event apart from the Car Show for people to fly out en masse.

Last edited:
Went this year, will go again next year. Though I really need new friends. I'm kind of sick of going to these events and concerts alone.

Hey whatsup. :cool:

:mrgreen: :lol: :p

Yess!! I just read that TG live is coming back to Dublin as well! I went last year and it was great!

Sadly, they talk about 'the team' coming back to Dubs instead of Jeremy, Richard and James coming back..... that worries me :( Don't wanna pay heaps of money only to see two of them..

^ on the contrary, I think "the team" mean all 3, given their philosophies about being a "unit" and all :D

(yes, I was watching the polar Special earlier today :p)

^ on the contrary, I think "the team" mean all 3, given their philosophies about being a "unit" and all :D

(yes, I was watching the polar Special earlier today :p)

Nope.... It's only Jeremy, Richard and the Stig who are coming.... I just read it in the show program for Dublin :(

Although I really like the Hamster, I think TG live is not complete without Capt Slow. I want a discount on the tickets! ;);)

^ you didn't say that, you didn't say that, he's coming to Australia, he has to be....

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! :cry:

^ you didn't say that, you didn't say that, he's coming to Australia, he has to be....

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! :cry:

But that is for the Dublin shows, who knows? Maybe he will come to Oz anyway! We just have to make him.. ;) No TG Live without James! Or we will not go to see the show!

I've bought my tickets to the Sydney show - the only went on sale 6 hours ago! It was the TGA mag pre-sale though, you need a special password to buy them...

I went at the start of this year and it was absolutely the best thing ever! The only thing I'm worried about this year is whether Richard will be a presenter - he's not listed on the TGL site yet. :(

Anyone have any ideas to whether he'll be at the Sydney (or Auckand show, I'm going to that too!) show?

^....

I am going to kill my postman. This is the second month in a row my mag has been late/mysteriously disappeared....

Anybody care to accidently leak the presale TG mag password like last year? :D

Also is it only me but has the price increased? I remembered platnium being $120 and now its $129.. Not sure if I really want to spend that sort of money again on something similar.

^ yeah, i am pissed off at the fact that I should have known about this days ago, but for some reason I do not.

And I think it will be worth spending the money, from the sounds of it, it is an entirely new show. I'm trying to convince my dad to go Diamond this year (my shout), but he refuses.... mostly because he thiks we had good enough seats last time. In reality, i more want to go to the excluse post-show thingy they had last year, irregardless of whether anyone good turns up or not. But he thinks I want to "perve on James May"

Considering I doubt he will be even there.... GAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine today, but I am waiting for the myticketek pre-sale as I am buying diamond only if all 3 presenters come and do it. Otherwise, it's platinum.

Postie was really nice, put the magazine on my doormat instead of on top of the letterbox/stuffed into the too small slot :D. I have a nice looking copy of TGA for once!!!!

just guessed the password first try "stig" lol.

yeah I want the diamond or w/e but only if I get to meet the presenters

Edit:
Just checked the prices for diamond..$250 2x the price of platinum, must mean you meet the presenters.

Last edited:
Ordered my Platinum tickets yesterday. Friday 8pm session with my Dad as a bday present (I'm getting a lot for my 18th: TGL, Laptop, Digital SLR but I'm not having a party, not that I wanted one :p). How much do I need to save up for merch? I heard people went bonkers on it.

Ordered my Platinum tickets yesterday. Friday 8pm session with my Dad as a bday present (I'm getting a lot for my 18th: TGL, Laptop, Digital SLR but I'm not having a party, not that I wanted one :p). How much do I need to save up for merch? I heard people went bonkers on it.

Well done, i am trying to convince my dad to go with me again. I will most likely get this as a Christmas present.

Happy 18th, by the way! When is your birthday? I'm 18 on the 17th of this month, and my parents are spending big on my birthday too because they think it's a big deal as far as birthdays go and I should get a massive present and party/s. I think I am getting an iPhone, as that is what I have really wanted for ages and have been bugging them about it. :lol:

But back on topic, I bought heaps this year, it cost about $200.
http://www.stage5.com.au/shop2.php?what_category=12 this site has some of the merch they had this year and the prices are pretty accurate. I got 2 T-shirts (one kids size, one adults), a coffee mug, a poster, a program and a keychain. I might have gotten more though.