Top Gear Live Aus Tour

Arghh!!!... I would love to go and see May and Clarkson, but I'm saving for my Japan trip which I think it would be exactly a week after the Top Gear Live Show. Damn it this sucks......
I guess there is always the year after, maybe all three will be there. *crossing fingers*

I'm fucken pissed off this isn't coming to Melbourne.

Sigh. I have no friends to speak of in Sydney.

Might be able to turn this into a "holiday" though.

Last edited:
Meh, neither am I actually. :p Am I the only American who uses "dude" with all genders? I have no qualms calling my girl friends dude, never have.

I was really just making a joke about the not-a-dude gender identifiers on this forum, which I think are rather funny. OTOH, like cool cars on the cool wall, if you have to explain a joke, its just not funny. Repeat after me, I will not drink and post...I will not drink and post...:lol:

Damn, I really want to go because it would be cool to see May, but I plan on being a fairly broke engineering student and my last big splurge is going to be four day grandstand tickets to next year's F1 Grand Prix, so I think I'll have to give it a miss.

Yay just ordered my ticket! $97 for 1 gold ticket on Saturday 2pm and I pretty much got the exact seat which I wanted which was: Section: S55, Row: A

I went on at 9am originally and was contemplating over if I should buy the ticket I was given at the time which was Section S57, Row F. But then I thought as it was so close to the silver seats and quite far back in that row it doesnt really make it worth it even though its in the centre. As whats the point of being in the centre if you cant see anything?

Now I have to hope that the tour days wont be extremely hot like last year...

Any good accomodations in Sydney?

Gaaaaah, wish my dad would hurry up and order tickets already!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Christmas present for all 3 of us Top Gear fans in my family)

Am I the only American who uses "dude" with all genders?

Nah. I do that, too.

Anyhoo, after finding out this news, my next thought was that James will be part of the Aus, NZ, and Hong Kong shows; and Richard will be in the other non-England ones (Amsterdam and both South Africa ones).

^ here you go, listed in the current tour order:

London: all of them
Birmingham: all of them
Dublin: says all of them on theatre show page, but somebody mentioned earlier that May wasn't comsing, so I'm skeptical
Amsterdam: Clarkson, Hammond, Stig, regional guest presenter (presumably)
Cape Town: no webiste, don't know.
Jo'burg: wouldn't have a clue, can't figure out the site
Sydney: Clarkson, May, Stig, regional guy (my bet is Pizza Hut again)
NZ: Clarkson, May, Greg Murphy, Stig
Hong Kong: Clarkson and Stig are the only ones listed at the moment, but it would make sense to say that May would most likely do that one. Also, since last night, Hong Kong's previously confirmed dates have been removed and it is now listed a "tbc".... weird.

My mum's friend says that there is a hotel in homebush, which is not far from the venue. We may set our sights on their.

Or theres the Formula 1 motel not far, bout 5 mins walk. Its reasonably priced, cheaper than the novatel. We stayed there last time along with a few other Top Gear fans.

Honestly, you can get a hotel nearly anywhere in Sydney near Central station, and catch a train from there. Sydney's public transport as far as major locations is pretty comprehensive- just allow extra time for late/missing trains....

^So just like Melbourne then :p

But yeah, I'd need to plan this properly if I want to go. Then again, I could turn this into a tour of Sydney. I haven't been up in Sydney for a very long time now.

I don't want to visit the opera house and other crap like that though. I'd rather dig out some proper restaurants/cafes and places where local people ACTUALLY go.

Last edited:
Moving to Sydney in January next year! Definately going to pick up some tickets :)

If you're going all that way and spending all that money, why not stay at the Hyatt in The Rocks?? Right on the harbour, opposite the Opera House .. and .. it is where Clarkson and Hammond stayed during the last show. You can even get to Olympic Park via ferry from circular quay (check the timetables, but at least 6 of the Parramatta service ferries stop at Olympic Park before midday).

There is hotel Ibis (3 star), Novatel (4 Star), Pullman (5 star), Formula 1 (2 star) All in Homebush (Olympic Park) about a 5 minute walk from Acer Arena
We stayed at the Ibis last (this) year it was quite good and about $218 a night from memory. The formula 1 hotel is cheaper apparently but never stayed there so can't comment.
We are making a weekend of it again next year and as it is valentines weekend going all out 5 star and diamond tickets = perfect valentines present :D