Top Gear Live Aus Tour

kglide

Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180sx (SR20) 2000 Ford Falcon Ute XLS
Not Sure where to put this, and did a search there was no thread about it.

Anyhow, ticketek claim Top Gear Live is coming to Australia between Feb 11-14 2010! lets hope this goes ahead.

I saw the show this year and absolutely loved it, flew in from the Gold Coast and had a ball, heat aside.

Anyway anyone got any better news on this, and who is going to go again?

edit: ticketek link for good measure. http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TOPGWAIT

Anyway anyone got any better news on this, and who is going to go again?

I forget which thread it was posted in, but there was a news release around the time that Top Gear Live was in Australia in February that suggested that NSW had the rights to host Top Gear Live until 2011. This would suggest to me that it's possibly going to be an annual event until then.

I wonder if they'll use real Ferraris next time ...? ;) And I also wonder if James May will make it? No offense to Steve Pizzati - he did a bloody good job considering he had massive shoes to fill - but I'd love to see the original Captain Slow make an appearance. Maybe he can convince Oz Clarke to make a wine series in Australia at the same time ... if anywhere needs the 'Oz And James' treatment, it's some of Australia's great wine regions.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you tone,

pizzaman (? is that what they called him at the show i forget haha) was decent, but I definitely would love to see James make it round this time. Although, I found they took the piss out of Steve too much.. for example the bike assault.. I don't think I would have agreed to that scene no matter how desperate i was, I'm sure James wouldn't have agreed to do that.

I'm not even a fan of wine, and I found Oz and James' show fantastic, and yeah an aussie adventure would make a great series.

Yeah, I am going again no matter what (Diamond seats this time or whatever the best ones are, I was in Platinum on the 7th of Feb 11am show this year). Steve Pizza Hut was ok, but if Captain Slow makes it....

MAJOR CRISIS

*cough* but yeah, it was awesome last time, and i'll probably spend $200 on merch again, or more- I nearly bought one of everything last time :p

Ooooh, just asked my dad, and he said that him and my mum might buy me tickets for my 18th/Christmas again!!!!!!!

EDIT: yeah, James could come out here, do Top Gear Live, then drive a couple hours up the road to the Hunter valley wine region and do Oz and James!!!! And perhaps put a notice out to the fans that live close (oh say, Newcastle maybe?) so we can go and see them and drink wine!!!!!!
Yep, I'm not hyper on caffiene at all, no......

Last edited:
James could come out here, do Top Gear Live, then drive a couple hours up the road to the Hunter valley wine region and do Oz and James!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of Oz and James coming to some of SA's great wine regions. The fact that I live bang in the middle of one of the regions in question has nothing to do with it, oh no ... :whistle:

Hey, he could always do both...

He probably would have to in order to make a full 8 episode or so season :blink:

The question is when is the wine harvest season in Oz? That's when they tended to film in the past.

I went to TG Live earlier in the year. It was absolutely epic, even though it was about 42 degrees and the only parking spaces left in the car park were in the open air when I arrived, and I burnt myself on my car when I got back (atleast I wasn't the poor/stupid sod with his black Mercedes. He didn't cover his glass roof and there was black leather within, I'm surprised the interior of the car was in the same shape by the end of it). At least the arena was air-conditioned, although I nearly died of dehydration in the outside stalls.

Only problem was it the show was disappointingly short. A bit longer than 70 minutes next time would be nice.

As for picking on Steve Pizza Hut, they did the bike thing to Hammond in the other Live shows too, so Pizza Hut wasn't the only one to get raped by a motorbike.

EDIT: yeah, James could come out here, do Top Gear Live, then drive a couple hours up the road to the Hunter valley wine region and do Oz and James!!!! And perhaps put a notice out to the fans that live close (oh say, Newcastle maybe?) so we can go and see them and drink wine!!!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of Oz and James coming to some of SA's great wine regions. The fact that I live bang in the middle of one of the regions in question has nothing to do with it, oh no ... :whistle:

And when travelling between NSW and SA they can go via Sunraysia to taste some of Victoria's best wines ;)... I live nowhere near there.... honest :p

The question is when is the wine harvest season in Oz? That's when they tended to film in the past.

Depending on the grape variety its between January and March... perfect timing

^ oooh, that is perfect!

I imagine that they would most likely do a wine region every one or two episodes and go all around Australia, so maybe May's choice of transportation this time could be a plane that he could pilot himself :evil:

As for picking on Steve Pizza Hut, they did the bike thing to Hammond in the other Live shows too, so Pizza Hut wasn't the only one to get raped by a motorbike.

Ah. thats right Steve "Pizza Hut", can't believe Hammond agreed to do that, I mean it was funny but seriously...

Yeah I went in Platinum this year, going for the top tickets (Gold?) next year, gonna bring more mates too that are TG Fans.

Heat was unbearable but I noticed it was so much cooler in the city then at Acer.

going for the top tickets (Gold?)

I think the top tickets might have been 'Diamond'. And here I was thinking I was hot shit because I was in a corporate box ... that changed as soon as Clarkson started taking the piss out of people in the Diamond section. :p

Heat was unbearable but I noticed it was so much cooler in the city then at Acer.

Yeah. 40C + 80% humidity = FAIL.

Seriously tempted to waste all my money and epic road trip it out there...

Time to save up coz ive decided to splurge myself on one of them VIP packages where you get to meet and greet the awesome threesome...might even get the parentals to contribute to the "Get Jason to go to TG Live" Appeal 2009 =]

hey sorry for the off topic question here but i was just wondering something and i aint sure if its a stupid question or not but was there was any footage of this years event released on any bit torrent sites?

thx

Last edited:
Would it be the same show again?

I'd still go again. :cool:

Went this year, will go again next year. Though I really need new friends. I'm kind of sick of going to these events and concerts alone.