Top Gear Live in Aus ticket info

Got back from our weekend in Sydney about 4 hours ago and I have to say the weather was spectacularly crap! made it very difficult to enjoy any outside activity although hubby and I walked most of Olympic Park over the weekend:) The almost 40 degree temp at 4 pm on Sat meant that we spent very little time outside enjoying the cars, also was disappointed that we had been told to get there 2 hours before the start time and we couldn't actually get into the arena until 1hour and 15 mins before start time the temp resulted in us only walking around the cars for about 45 mins before taking our seats.

As for the show itself (oh actually before that - was a little p'ed at the usher lady that told me off for taking photos when heaps of other people were :mad: and this was before the show even started) now back to the show, really loved the first lot of stunt drivers in the little alfas, loved the car soccer (we won of course 4-2), other then that was a little disappointed the red/green cool/uncool thing was just silly and obviously what ever we did with them made no difference what so ever so I personally didn't see the point, same obviously then with the lap at which our show (5pm sat) set the wonderful time of 1.57.5. :p

Personally think there are many things that could have been improved, could have used a B grade celeb and a go Kart for the lap (as long as the laps were similar lengths at each location/show then this could have worked) or could have randomly picked an audiance member and had them drive a rc car around a track for more audiance involvement. The cool wall could have been done better and the woman ninja thing was just stupid - didn't see the point at all. The little cars, while quiet well done themselves were too obviously staged and more so now seeing as how the same thing happen at each show - would have been better without the mishaps and see who actually won in a fair race. The helicopter, again while good in itself meant that people were wearing their 3D glasses and watching the heli and not watching the Stig who could have been doing slow cirlces around the arena for all the attention he was getting (3D glasses don't work on me so I was actually watching the Stig who was more often then not at the opposite side of the arena from where the heli was shooting meaning that it looked silly). Anything else I may have missed from the show was neither great nor all that bad. Therefore I was left saying to anyone that asked how is was " umm *big pause* it was OK" I asked others what they thought of the show after they had been and the common opinion was that it was average. So to quote JC ambitious but rubbish, which is exactly how he describes TG UK so therefore can't have been as bad as I thought :D

Got to say thou have a new respect for Steve Pizzaboy and will be watching TG Au next season with more enthusiasm.

*must say I had great difficulty in writing this as so many people on here seemed to think it was great and I well obviously didn't, so I guess I will get ready for an influx of neging then*

*edit* for all the B**ching thou still spent $180 on merchandise and still glad I went even if it is just for bragging rights but at this stage wont be going again

Last edited:
Got to say thou have a new respect for Steve Pizzaboy and will be watching TG Au next season with more enthusiasm.

I ask this to anyone who saw the show

How was the chemistry between Steve Pizzati and Richard and Jeremy?

Can't say the chemistry was Clarkson/Hammond/May worthy but it wasn't that bad (scripted of course but that was to be expected) Personally quiet liked Steve in the show although he wasn't there for probably half of it and he was at times a little ocker, which is chring worthy to me but apart from that I thought he did well up against two seasoned performers

Went to the 5pm Sunday one (last show) and enjoyed most of the show. The sheer thought of seeing Clarkson and Hammond live was enough for me lol. I enjoyed the cool wall, alfa segment, the hyundai advert was kinda cool with the fireworks, the miniature racing was average while car soccer was surprisingly good live. Didnt like the motorcycle bits but seeing pizatti get it taken in the rear by a motorbike was most welcomed. Also laughed quite a bit with the references to May of being gay. The 3d part at the end was cool but kinda lame and pointless at the same time, similar can be said about the top gear test track.

But yeah still happy that I went but not worth $120.... maybe $100 and same goes for the shirts being $45 - $50.....

Yeah, the 3D advert for the Westland Apache attack helicopter was pretty good. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Seems advertising works ... I'm thinking of getting one of those female ninjas. :D

^ Hmmm .... you can't get missile lock on an Exige, but I guess you could on a Nissan X-Trail (and that would suit me fine) .. so yes, deal.

Here is a article i found which probably doesnt belong in this thread but is still interesting

Top Gear stars cancel NZ media event

Controversial Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond have pulled the pin on their New Zealand press conference.

The pair were due to front up to the New Zealand press on Thursday morning ahead of a series of live performances of their hit television show in Auckland.

It was to be the media's only chance to talk to the much-loved British presenters, but the event was today cancelled in favour of a "photocall" with no interviews with the pair.

Communications Consultant Paul Blomfield said Clarkson and Hammond were both "exhausted" and were arriving in New Zealand later than anticipated.

The decision comes a week after Clarkson called British Prime Minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" at an Australian press conference being held to promote the Top Gear Live World Tour.

Clarkson told The Australian newspaper: "It's the first time I've ever seen a world leader admit we really are in deep s**t. He genuinely looked terrified. I thought, the poor man, he's actually seen the books.

"In England we have this one-eyed Scottish idiot, the one-eyed Scottish man, he keeps telling us everything's fine and he's saved the world and we know he's lying, but he's smooth at telling us."

Clarkson then put his hand over his mouth and said: "Oh I've said that now ..."

His co-presenter Richard Hammond added: "You've said that out loud as well."

Clarkson later apologised for the statement, saying: "In the heat of the moment I made a remark about the Prime Minister's personal appearance for which, upon reflection, I apologise."

Blomfield said presenters' schedules were in a constant state of revision and subject to change.

"A delay in filming in Australia has meant that Hammond is arriving here later then anticipated. His late arrival has put rehearsals back a day," he said.

"Richard and Jeremy are both exhausted after a very extensive tour. As they are both arriving at different times, later then planned, they are taking the opportunity not to talk to press at this time."

They would not be available to answer questions from the media, he said.

Mr Blomfield said he could not comment on whether the cancellation was connected with Clarkson?s comments to Australian media last week.

The Top Gear Live World Tour will perform five live tour dates at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland between February 12-15.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4843322a1869.html

--------------------------------------------------

Should i dare to dream that Clarkson and Hammond filmed a review in Australia for Top Gear's 13 season or am i reading too much into it?

Last edited:
Interesting, very interesting. Just what was Hammond filming??

It is. Top Gear live finished on Sunday and yet they wont arrive in New Zealand until Thursady. That is 3 days of them being in Australia which is more than enough time to film a review or two (also remember that the article says that both Clarkson and Hammond were "exhausted" which certainly insinuates that they were doing something in those 3 days as its hard to be exhausted when you havent been doing anything).

its hard to be exhausted when you havent been doing anything).

I'm sorry but...what? They haven't been doing anything? I am not their keeper but performing in an arena for 4 shows per day is not classed as doing something? I'm sure they were working very hard during their time in Sydney and to deal with the massive climate change (38 degree days) could not have been easy for them. They would have been lucky to get one day off, if anything. They would be in NZ by now and then the whole process starts again tomorrow for them. The article does not state they will arrive in NZ on Thursday, they are just not doing the press conference.

If Richard had time to film something, I'd consider that a bonus!

Seems advertising works ... I'm thinking of getting one of those female ninjas. :D

You can keep your female ninja. I'm this close to going to my Hyundai dealer and putting in an order for an i30, and I'll be ticking the 'hawt stunt driver chick' box on the option list too. ;)

Last edited:

I'm quite tempted by the colander of death myself, but first I need to find out whether it comes with all four French motorcyclists included, or if they're sold separately.

You can keep your female ninja. I'm this close to going to my Hyundai dealer and putting in an order for an i30, and I'll be ticking the 'hawt stunt driver chick' box on the option list too. ;)

lol .. nice That was the only part of the show were I wish I'd taken the binoculars.

I'm quite tempted by the colander of death myself, but first I need to find out whether it comes with all four French motorcyclists included, or if they're sold separately.

It would make a very interesting coffee table piece, but I think the noise would become distracting if one was hosting a book club evening. :)