top gear live in sydney

I was at the 5pm Sunday session, despite having seats in the second last row I had a good view and a great time! I agree that the finale was a bit of a fizzer, the car football and the Ferrari stunt sequence were definately highlights for me! I also enjoyed the marketing bits at the beginning, they weren't bad to watch (how was that girl in the Hyundai, wow!). I also found it a bit funny that Jeremy started pacing while the bikes were in the steel ball as if he was bored (though seeing he has to do the show over and over I'd imagine he was). The Aussie jokes were really funny as well, James on Oxford street LOL!

n523530930_2608687_6783.jpg

Look, it's Jezza!! :D

n523530930_2608688_7037.jpg

Car football

I took quite a few more pics but I wont take up the whole thread with them. If anyone in the 7000 strong audience there were from FG, I was one of many wearing a "I am the stig" shirt...but was one of only two girls I saw wearing one :p.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the show (Saturday 5pm with Stiggie and a few others), thought Steve Pizzadeliveryboy did quite well considering he didn't exactly get a rapturous reception when he was introduced. I hope he was wearing a box when he got violated by the motorbike. I loved the Alfa stunt driving, motorcycle colander of death and the car football, and the audience participation with the cool wall and star in a reasonably priced car (although boo at our horrible time). Some segments lost me though, like the ninja girl with the HSV (I can't remember what car it was actually), and the lone dude drumming a car drum kit...that was just a bit too obtuse. The finale was a bit of a fizzer for me as well. Overall it was a great show though and I'm looking forward to seeing it again next year. And I too hope they had time to film a TGUK: Aus special but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Photos from me:

3266154588_5c6f8bcc66.jpg

3266162126_4184297c07.jpg

3265342903_1c4852b506.jpg

3265349049_98c4695e9e.jpg

3266212350_84c950ea2c.jpg

3265378283_da9965a04b.jpg

Actually they did show a pic of it.

They photoshopped James' head into a shot from the Mardi Gras.

Yes I know :D Which is why I want to see a pic :lol: Was hoping someone had taken a quick snap of it when it came up, but.....probably not.

Fake Ferrari 260's

Fake Ferrari 260's

Apparently they used three fake Ferrari 360's for the show (which explained the loud music while they were on). The cars used were actually Toyota MR2's with Ferrari body kits.

The story was in today's SMH. One reader posted on the SMH site saying that he posted something on the Top Gear website about it and it was very quickly removed from the site.

My issue with this is that they deceived us about the cars, if they couldn't get (or didn't want to use) 360's then they should have just used something else. They shouldn't have lied to us, even the press materials says that they were using 360's.

It will be interesting to see if TG responds to the claims at all.

^ I agree that there is a little deception in the way that act is portrayed. I was surveyed last week by topgearlive.com and one of the questions listed all the acts ... that act was called something like "Ferrari Stunt Driving".

I am very interested to see that today, page 4 of the (same) survey no longer lists "Ferrari Stunt Driving" as one of the acts. :nod:

If you want to fill out the survey it is at:

http://www.youtellme.com.au/TopGearLive/

I did look for one before I posted but couldn't find one so I posted here.

Don't worry Mike. Stiggie is just playing his usual self-appointed role as cheer leader for all things Top Gear + ... and would-be censor of anything he deems Top Gear ?

... allegedly.

;)

No, i was pointing out that there is already a thread dealing with this.

It is right here, and if you read it you will see that the evidence of the cars being fake is sketchy at best.

Ah Stiggie, I just knew that would make you bite. It's just a bit of fun leading up to the 'hair eating' bit you still have to perform after swearing on your life that Charlie Cox would definitely make it into Series 2.

You must admit, the odds that those were real Ferrari's in TGL isn't looking too crash hot? Or would you like to bet on it? Maybe you could eat belly-button lint this time? (Just make sure it's blue. Belly-button lint is always blue.)

:p

Last edited:
... the evidence of the cars being fake is sketchy at best.

Not any more! Ferrari's CEO has now officially requested that fake Ferrari's are no longer used during Top Gear Live, which they have also now admitted was the case. The details can be read in this article.

www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=61299

So Stiggie, you should now be eating your hair and your belly button lint for 'crimes against reason'. Case closed.

:p