Top Gear Live NZ

JCTK

"The BBC-produced show Top Gear is due to hit our shores in a live format in February 2009 with two of its regular presenters, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond. The quiet one, James May, won't be along for the ride and his place is being taken by some local talent - one Greg Murphy."

so I guess it's pretty much confirmed that James wouldn't be flying down under or the trip to HK~?
wonder if they'll find anyone for the Australia and HK show...:lol:

Apparently some one called Marchy Lee is the third for TGLive HK

http://www.topgearlive.com.hk/hongkong/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=38

Still dont know who will be the third in Aust though, hopefully not someone hopeless but then this is Aust:p

Still really disappointed that James will not be gracing us with his presence :(

Marchy Lee if I'm not mistaken races Porsche now... just that there're soooooooo many different GT3 cups going on I forgot which one he's in~:lol:

I think they'll continue their theme of using touring car drivers~?:rolleyes:
can't think of anyone funny in the V8s thru, unless they could get Lowdnes~:mrgreen:

oh god not that guy
i hate that guy...

Come on down JCTK, we'd love to have you here. :)

Yeah have been thinking about it and seriously can not think of a V8 driver that would be any good but hubby suggested one of the presenters of TGAu -personally can't see that that would be any better then a V8 driver.

Got to love Murph though wouldn't mind him being the third here too, he is an honerary (sp?) Aussie after all :p
Cheers
JLM

Yeah have been thinking about it and seriously can not think of a V8 driver that would be any good but hubby suggested one of the presenters of TGAu -personally can't see that that would be any better then a V8 driver.

Got to love Murph though wouldn't mind him being the third here too, he is an honerary (sp?) Aussie after all :p
Cheers
JLM

stop stealing our kiwis~:p

Would love to go but due to work commitments I cant :(

Me too. Tried my best to get holiday's in Feb, but there's no one to do my job.

:cry: :( :cry: :(

EDIT: I didn't know you were a Kiwi, Powah!

Contractual. Filming a BBC doco about the moon. Plus, the whole world tour is designed ao that only two presenters will be there at one time. I think Clarkson is skipping Russia etc and Hamster is skipping America etc, or the other way around. Was mentioned in a radio interview with May.

Going back to HK to watch TG Live.

Yeah i was disappointed that marchy lee was doing the hk one, I wanted to see James cause he's my fav presenter, I guess I'll never see him..

Yeah, I went to a Birmingham TGL show while I was over there (am Aussie) but I still think it would be interesting to see how much shit the Aussies will take from Clarkson about Aussies, Australia, rugby, cricket, Beijing, colonies etc. and still adore him. I'm guessing... all of it, we do love a bit of attention from the mother country, no matter how trivial. :p

Still might go see it in Sydney! James didn't really have any impact on the show I saw, as far as I can tell he spent half on the bog and other half showing everyone his teddy bear.

edit: OT. So, new zealand huh?