Top Gear Live

Greg Murphy's name IS on the TGL Sydney page. I saw it this morning. It says-

"Following the 2009 sell out World Tour, Top Gear Live is back featuring an all new spectacular new show with Jeremy Clarkson and James May and just announced third presenter, V8 Supercar hero and four-times Bathurst winner Greg Murphy! 11-14 February 2010 at Acer Arena, Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush"

Personally I think they should have an Aussier third host. How will the UK vs Australia banter work if the third host is a Kiwi? He'll just agree with every bad joke that Jeremy and James make about us.

I want to see all of them. We'll never get Top Gear Live here in the States...and all of my trips to England never mesh with the schedule!

Yes, please, from another Top Gear Live Deprived (Depraved?) American! :lol:

3 days to go for me! :D

Whats the thing with Hammond they're talking about?

Hammond did some ads for a New Zealand telecom provider a few years back. I gather from what they are saying that that provider has now run into some sort of trouble.

Theresa always f**king trackwork going on. :mad:

On the plus side, it could give Jezza some topical material to weave into the show. :cool:

Edit: Looks like Nein is already beginning to do its best to totally screw the TG franchise in Australia, if this report on last night's TGL on another forum is anything to go by :mad:

on a side note is was pretty lame to watch karl stefanovic race the others in a reliant robin race.. everyone had crashed at some point but he crashed first corner lol

Last edited:
Under 7 hours to go for me!! Heading off to see them with my Dad tonight!

Jeremy Clarkson was interviewed on A Current Affair last night
[YOUTUBE]aWTErCL8-ik[/YOUTUBE]

I thought it was a very good interview. However it was orientated towards newbies and not hardcore TG fans.

What was a bit annoying was that Jeremy just ran off his usual set of answers. I can't blame him though, it would be pretty bloody boring at the press junkets.

What was most contreversial in the interview was the mention of TG's influence on young drivers. Over the last 2 weeks in Australia there have been a number of terrible accidents involving underage and young drivers.
I was absolutely disgusted to see Grinshaw put these questions to Jeremy.
It is not Top Gear's fault!

Channel 9 should be promoting TG and not making slightly vague accusations of irresponsible television.

I say Carl Stefanovic's behaviour on this mornings 'Today Show' in relation to the promotion of the TG Live Tour, encourages me as a young driver to take more risks. And not Jeremy Clarkson.

Another amusing thing is that Ch9 are advertising the Winter Olympic Special on their TV ads as Olympic Winter Special. WTF?

Last edited:
I saw the show last and it was great. I also saw Stephen Corby (editor of TGA magazine) and wanted to say, but went all shy.