Top Gear Live

The highlight of 2pm Saturday had to be during the cool wall where Jeremy asked this guy with his kid "what car do you drive?" The guy answered "A Range Rover" Then that guys kid leaned over and yelled into the mic "its gay!!" Everyone laughed quite a bit and James then said "and who else owns one?" *Jeremy raises his hand and audience continues to laugh* Jeremy then says "Come on James lets go back stage and get it on!"

They have arrived in new Zealand. Here's an interview with James in which he explains why he likes New Zealand wine and Kiwis in general. :)

http://tinyurl.com/ylmnspd

And a more lenghty interview with John Campbell in which he once again discusses the fuzzing feeling, pies, Lego and why he thinks Jezza, Hammond and he would have been friends even without Top Gear.

http://tinyurl.com/yzby9ef

Last edited:
The highlight of 2pm Saturday had to be during the cool wall where Jeremy asked this guy with his kid "what car do you drive?" The guy answered "A Range Rover" Then that guys kid leaned over and yelled into the mic "its gay!!" Everyone laughed quite a bit and James then said "and who else owns one?" *Jeremy raises his hand and audience continues to laugh* Jeremy then says "Come on James lets go back stage and get it on!"

Saw that. I LOL'd.

would have taken more pics if it wasnt for the frickin CAMERA NAZI our section had, even though EVERY other section was full of flash photography almost every minute of every cool part of the show.. and I didnt see anyone else stopping them......grrrr

Was it an older woman? You look to have been sitting almost exactly where I was for Friday night. I was taking pics on my phone, no flash, and she still saw me, and came over to abuse me.

The bloke behind me said "Good luck with that" when she told me to stop taking pictures. The presenters even mentioned that everyone had cameras and were taking pictures. They didn't care.

We had some guy who Jeremy asked his opinion on a car, which he said was shit. Jeremy asked what he drove, and he said a Jeep, and Jeremy replied "you'd know what shit is then". :lol:

Was it an older woman? You look to have been sitting almost exactly where I was for Friday night. I was taking pics on my phone, no flash, and she still saw me, and came over to abuse me.

The bloke behind me said "Good luck with that" when she told me to stop taking pictures. The presenters even mentioned that everyone had cameras and were taking pictures. They didn't care.

I had a blondie telling me off during the supercar parade. I was in the Platinum section.

WE had a guy who dsagreed with Jeremy's opinion of the V12 Vantage. Conversation follow:

Clarkson: "Ok then, what do you drive?"
Man (in "Italia" polo shirt with sunnies on his head): "A Fiat" (I thought "Oh cool, hope it's a 500 Abarth)
Clarkson: "Ok, which one?"
Man: "... A Punto"
Audience laughs
Clarkson: "PLease don't tell me it's a diesel too!". He is laughing wih the audience at this point
Man (quitely): "it is, actually"
His opinion and dignity flew out the window at that point.

We also had a guy who said he had a Subaru, which Clarkson panned ("Ok, you should go shoot yourself right now!") until he mentioned it was an Outback, at which point Clarkson stopped and mentioned (with May agreeing) that it was the only car al 3 of them liked. Known thing, but still cool. MY dad was stoked given we own an Outback. :D

EDIT: we had nobody patrolling our section whatsoever, so everybody had their iPhones out (including me :lol:) I was there Sunday in section 35 (Platinum) for reference.

Last edited:
James is bussy today. he also gave a interview to a NZ radio station. Not the most interesting he ever did, although he does poke some fun at Richard. :)

Now I can't get this link to work, but the listen again button for the entire show does work. James was on between 17.15 en 17.30.

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Audio/tabid/109/Default.aspx

sorry for the late reply -

I may have kept the seat warm for you?? ;)
section 34- row c - 189 I think.

no it was a guy... ;(

In England I don't know anyone who was stopped from taking pictures. I mean surely that's the point, you take loads of pictures, most of which are incredibly fuzzy and the rest are of Hammond's arse... or is that just me? I'm not even a Hammond fangirl but seemingly every photo that's not of a car has Hammond's bum in it. Why are you not allowed to take pictures?

]
Why are you not allowed to take pictures?
I think that it?s a combination of copyright infringement, distraction to the hosts, impairment of some visual effects / lighting and detriment of enjoyment to people not taking pictures.

Many live events say ?No Photos? on the tickets and or at the venue. :)

In England I don't know anyone who was stopped from taking pictures. I mean surely that's the point, you take loads of pictures, most of which are incredibly fuzzy and the rest are of Hammond's arse... or is that just me? I'm not even a Hammond fangirl but seemingly every photo that's not of a car has Hammond's bum in it.

.. ahh, that's the other reason, they often turn out rubbish anyway! :lol:

]
I think that it?s a combination of copyright infringement, distraction to the hosts, impairment of some visual effects / lighting and detriment of enjoyment to people not taking pictures.

Many live events say ?No Photos? on the tickets and or at the venue. :)

.. ahh, that's the other reason, they often turn out rubbish anyway! :lol:

The impairment/distraction etc is only true if you use flash But there is no point in using flash at such an event - you will be too far away for it to have any effect. The copyright thing is somewhat bogus too - only really applies to video or recording of music. I took loads of photos at the Brimingham show - some of which did have Hammond's arse in it's true ....:rolleyes:

i would have loved to get photos of many parts of the show, esp the supercar line-up

Thread bump.

Guess who just got a free copy of Forza 3 in the mail. :lol:

I think it was around 49-50 seconds, don't quote me on that.

Was my first time playing it also. Pity I can't use the game tho.