Top Gear Magazine - Crash Special

Blythy

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI (Mk V)
http://www.topgear.com/content/magflash/0207/index.html

cue lots of photos with copyright crammed all over it.

01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It does, try Barnes & Noble. It usually takes forever to get them though.

FWIW, here in Austin Texas it usually hits B&N around the 20th of the month.

Yeah even the B&N here in backwater South Dakota gets it, just not very many... and they sell out rather quickly :(

**begs the brits for a scan... please please please!! we get a shitty watered down version out here!

**begs the brits for a scan... please please please!! we get a shitty watered down version out here!

I might have to check Pit Stop Bookshop here. They freight in the UK copy IIRC, although it costs $15-20.

They're gonna show the footage of the crash on the first show back. I might be able to get a rip, but not sure. 28th January.

I got the magazine in my free at college this morning - 10 pages showing pics throughout the day at Elvington. Also a double page spread account of what happened according to the telemetry on board the car - his head hit the grass at 232mph!! And also two pages of accounts from James May, Andy Wilman (producer), Marc Stevens (paramedic) and Dave Ogdan (fireman). And another double page with an interview with Professor Sid Watkins talking about Richard's helmet and G-force etc.

Now for the bad news...sorry I don't have a scanner.

EDIT: just realised we got rid of our scanner. Sorry guys. All I can do now is it here and laugh at everyone who isn't british as they dont have this great telmentary/interview etc etc

Oh well

Last edited:
Okay, picked up Magazine today. I haven't had a chance to read the article yet.
If I remember (someone may have to PM me! :p) I'll try to get you guys a copy tomorrow morning when I get home. But, as I have no scanner it'll be off a digital camera. I'll ask around and see if I can get my hands on a scanner, but until then, the best I can do...
HTH

k...i haven't been on this forum for ages....but...
after reading some of the comments from you guys, i'm actually slightly interested in buying the Hammond crash special top gear mag...i know a bookstore near my house that sells it but it sells it at a hefty HKD$74-80 which as an A-level student with extremely low income is quite expensive...btw, my scanner broke due to short circuit by my dad moving the plugs, thus making me not have one either.....=PPPP

Any mods about?

Is a scan OK, I know we are mates with TG Mag Man and I do not want to do anything to upset that relationship but I have said mag and a scanner. I could scan all the articles OK but I would like confirmation by a Mod/Viper first please.

The TG Mag people are very nice to us, so let's be nice in return and not scan their magazine.

However, in this case, I don't mind just the Hammond article as not everyone has access to the magazine, and even if they do (like me), the mag may not show up locally for another couple weeks and who wants to wait that long for this time sensitive material? :(

But buy the magazine, folks! ;)

The article in question is a fascinating read. Critics of Top Gear and those sandal-wearing, tree-hugging, Guardian-reading 'Julians' who blame them for the crash, are going to be sorely disappointed.

Unlike me, as I inadvertently managed to rip-off my newsagent. I have only bought Top Gear Magazine once before, so when my newsagent who is Indian - who I like because I'm not Jade Goody - was looking for the price, I helpfully - as I though - pointed to the top right corner and said: "3.50p". Obviously, taking the word of an Englishman, which he clearly should not have done as I was wrong, he charged me ?3.50. It was only when I got home that I realised it is actually ?3.90p.

Am I being racist by not handing over the 40p? What would Jade do? What does the Gordon Brown think? I'm so confused.