Top Gear Magazine to launch in Australia

TGUKGLM

TG Mag Licensing Manager
Thought you'd be interested in this :

"ACP Magazines, Australia?s largest magazine publisher, and BBC Magazines,
the 3rd-largest consumer magazine publisher in the UK, today announced a 50/50 joint
venture in the Australian market. The new partnership will operate from ACP Magazines? Sydney office.

The two companies will collaborate to develop and publish titles from BBC Magazines?
wide-ranging portfolio, including lifestyle, children?s and special interest magazines.

The first magazine to launch under the new publishing partnership will be the much
anticipated Australian edition of Top Gear, in mid 2008. Top Gear is already the world?s
number one motoring media brand, with television audiences in more than 120 countries, and more than 20 international versions of the magazine in 40 territories."

Finally, some decent motoring journalism for this country! :D

P.S. I think a subscription will be the order of the day...

Are there any other types of top gear magazine apart form the British one?

:w00t:

One thing that does worry me is that it's published by ACP, publishers of Wheels and Motor. I'd like to think that the BBC will beat ACP over the head with a large trout should ACP get lazy and just rehash crap from Wheels/Motor to put into TG Mag as 'local' content ...

Don't worry, there's zero chance of that happening, it will all be either : a) stuff from the UK mag; b) stuff created in Australia specifically for the Australian mag; or c) stuff from the Australian TV show

luvcars - yes, there are loads. We're up to 23 editions now, with versions of the magazine published in places as diverse as Syria and South Korea

Where did you have in mind?

That's terrific news, the price of the imported ones were a bit much to justify. I've read the NZ version and there's quite a bit of local content, as well as some selected articles from the UK which made for a good blend. Looking forward to this.

Good news for the Oz people on here, but Canada is still without TG mag. :(

I mean if you're lucky enough to find it in a random newspaper store, you can own a copy for a mere $15. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, there's zero chance of that happening, it will all be either : a) stuff from the UK mag; b) stuff created in Australia specifically for the Australian mag; or c) stuff from the Australian TV show

I know there's a NZ edition... but I'd much rather stick to the UK edition if I wanted to read stuff from the UK mag (despite a hefty price premium) because the stuff created in NZ specifically for the NZ mag wasn't of a high enough standard for me...:rolleyes:

That's terrific news, the price of the imported ones were a bit much to justify.

Not really. Last time I checked, TG Mag was AUD$8.95, which compares well with Wheels/Motor (which cost around the same, I guess ... last time I bought Wheels was 2005, back then it was AUD$7.95 ... either way, it's a rip for what is basically a Holden brochure ... :mad:).

Not really. Last time I checked, TG Mag was AUD$8.95, which compares well with Wheels/Motor (which cost around the same, I guess ... last time I bought Wheels was 2005, back then it was AUD$7.95 ... either way, it's a rip for what is basically a Holden brochure ... :mad:).

Wow. I want to know where you're buying the TG Mag from. I've never seen it below $12!!

The $12+ ones are the air freighted issues, whereas the $8.95 is an outdated magazine 2 months behind the current issue.

if the aussie version is gonna include a bunch of aussie rubbish, then i will pass and continue to purchase the $8.95 version which i have been buying for quite a few years together with CAR magasine ($11.95)