• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear Magazine

jet190rs

I haven't come across too many issues, but it doesn't seem as funny or entertaining as the show, even though JC has a column in it as well.

What do you think of it compared to the other British Auto Magazines?
(Car, Evo, etc.)

Seems like Car has the best photography to me....

Too expensive, but a couple people here have spent the money on them.

My Barnes and Noble doesn't get Top Gear, I've checked many times :cry:

Things from Japan and the UK are "expensive" because the yen and the pound are worth twice as much as the US dollar!

I sometimes buy Japanese car magazines for $12 just because it has an article I'd like to keep as reference. (i.e. Ayrton Senna's driving style)
Unless I see something REALLY interesting in a magazine, I usually don't buy it.

I've bought it a few times, it's very good magazine. Lots of great articles and pics. But I can't buy it regularly because one issue here costs about 9 ? (about 11,5 $). :(

I really would buy a mag like TG, but its too expensive...
JW was a section where there are really hq scans, also from EVO...

Buba

I got a years subscribtion at X Mas from my bro .... I quite enjoy the mag :)

haz

I buy it at Barnes and Noble when I can. It seems they only get 3 copies at my Barnes and Noble, but they only cost $7.10. $7.10 may be high but not as high as the subscription price of $180 for a year (about $15 an issue)

but I do enjoy reading it so its worth the trip to get it at Barnes and Noble, especially the V8 Vantage review in this month's magazine.

most of the time, the money I spend buying TG, I could easily get another magazine like EVO or something, the reason why I don't read TG is because I can watch it and through experience, it is very similiar to what JC says about the car in the magazine, so I rather get a different perspective of the car from another editor

I;ve got around 7 issues of TG. ?3.50 isn't a big price to pay.

its only ?3.50 in UK AFAIK.... when it gets to other countries where they charge shipping prices and stuff, the current editions of these magazines prices are like double it

I have replaced american car magazines with it.

It provides more than the standard "how much BHP does it have...how much does it cost" which so many american magazines have drivlled into at this point. also it is not full of mindless concept drawings which never turn out to look anything like the atcual car (R&T is awful for this)

Well worth the added cost over a R&T, C&D and automobile as it is not page after page of add with the occasonal obvious comment...it costs 2x as much but it has 3x the content.

leif said:
it costs 2x as much but it has 3x the content.

Couldn't agree more, I never buy american car magazines anymore, because they really arent as interesting as TG magazine. I find it as a good way to get a TG fix when the show isn't on.

Hey hokie, next time you buy one, can you scan the reciept for me, or just post the item number? I'd like to give it to my local Barnes and Noble to see if they can stock the magazine.

gtrietsc said:
Hey hokie, next time you buy one, can you scan the reciept for me, or just post the item number? I'd like to give it to my local Barnes and Noble to see if they can stock the magazine.

Yeah, ill get the information I can when I get home.

I buy it every month, it's just a entertaining magazine with articles I like to read. The latest one with the atom to the arctic circle is a good example.