Top Gear Magazine

hokiethang said:
gtrietsc said:
Hey hokie, next time you buy one, can you scan the reciept for me, or just post the item number? I'd like to give it to my local Barnes and Noble to see if they can stock the magazine.

Yeah, ill get the information I can when I get home.

looks like their product code is 0725274775576 as its listed on my receipt.

Greatgraddage said:
I buy it every month, it's just a entertaining magazine with articles I like to read. The latest one with the atom to the arctic circle is a good example.

I buy it nearly every month along with Evo and Car. So I end up spending 30$ or more on magazines each month which is pretty much but I read them a ton in between classes and such. Top Gear magazine is awsome, James May writes a killer column hes by far my favorite automotive journalist, Clarksons column is usually pretty good too.

Also whoever said that they cost more because the Yen and Pound are worth more than the dollar..it takes nearly 100Yen to equal one dollar. They cost more because they are printed 3000 miles away.

**Also, these magazines have AWSOME photography.

hokiethang said:
hokiethang said:
gtrietsc said:
Hey hokie, next time you buy one, can you scan the reciept for me, or just post the item number? I'd like to give it to my local Barnes and Noble to see if they can stock the magazine.

Yeah, ill get the information I can when I get home.

looks like their product code is 0725274775576 as its listed on my receipt.

Awesome! I hope my local store can order it. Thanks much, hokie!

I was gonna start this topic, damn!

I think it's a great mag, it's got the same wit as the tv programme.

Hokie, that's a pretty good price you pay for it - Can't work out much more than the ?3.75 we have to pay here in the UK.

I buy it whenever I can. I'm currently reading the MC-12 vs Enzo magazine.

I read it too, and think its pretty good. :D
I would spend the ?3.75 or how much it is, to buy it, but i dont :lol:

TG mag is waay too expensive and filled with adds :thumbsdown: and by the time it reaches the east-coast of Australia, most of the cars they reviewed would have
been redesigned and replaced :p
btw, why read when you can watch :roll:
www.finalgear.com

Well since the new season hasnt started yet, its the next best thing.
I thought this magazine was pretty good, enjoyed reading about the new Range Rover in Dubai, and the guy with the Rolls Royce Phantoms :shock:

i get it when i can... tho i tend to buy EVO as i like their writing more either way the information presented in both EVO and TG is way far more enjoyable to read than anything in american "car review" mags like C&D or motortrend they just seem to dry

the only american car magazines i buy regularly are Sport Compact Car and GrassRoots Motorsports

TF+

Hokie: I went by the B&N yesterday after work, and they had 2 copies on the shelf! And the item number matched - thanks a ton.

I do have a few issues of TopGear, But I found it nowhere as good as the competition. Car is easily the best mag in the UK.....and all the mags cost around the same here in the UK. About 3-4 GBP :unsure:

actuall.. I do.
I just loved them so much after reading them in Europe that when i came back to the states, i could not live without. So i dropped the cash for it. Its not too painfull as i dont remember it after the month i pay for it. tho the part that sucks is the timing. Some of the mags will come early like say one or two week before the new month, and some will come not till one week in to that month. So sometimes i am stuck reading a mag over and over and sometimes i dont get to read a mag fully bc a new one showed up.

I have a subscription to the Top Gear magazine. They're a good lot and actually were in touch with me to do an interview/provide information for them (it's a very long story) for a future feature they were going to do. I don't think they've done it yet, so it'll be interesting if they do.

mpulztracker said:
I do have a few issues of TopGear, But I found it nowhere as good as the competition. Car is easily the best mag in the UK.....and all the mags cost around the same here in the UK. About 3-4 GBP :unsure:

I may just have to agree with you. I think Car is a notch above TG and Evo in terms of writing and photography.

I found a local newstand that gets 4 or 5 copies of each issue. They hold a copy of each issue for me and call when it is in. It costs me $8.52 with tax.

I let my subscription to Road & Track laps because I enjoy TG more.