Top Gear mind control

ALXBWSCREW

Car(s)
Fiat Barchetta, Alfa Romeo 156, Opel Zafira
So in this thread I want you to post in witch way did Top Gear change your opinions about cars? It can be about any car, motorsport, just about any part of automotive culture.
For example:
Top Gear has made me think that the Vauxhall Astra is an awful car and that the Maserati Quattroporte is just amazing.
Post yours, see how the boys brainwashed you :D

well actually, if you ignore the exaggerations they really make true-to-life test drivers, oddly enough most of the times they're right

I tend to like the Ferrari 430 more since it was on Top Gear, still not in love with it but I can sense the influence.
Other than that...

INTRO_EveryWitchWay.jpg

sarah-jessica-parker-picture-1.jpg

"She looks like a boiled horse!"

each time i see an Audi drive by, Top Gear influenced me to think of only one word.

each time i see an Audi drive by, Top Gear influenced me to think of only one word.

Ditto.

Also the "tunnel symphony" and pretty much everything in the "search for driving heaven" convinced me of everything good about cars :)

hahaha me to. Since Ive watched top gear I got more into f1. I also never used to like jag's. But now one of my favorite cars is a jag xfr.

The other day I saw a motorhome pulling a horse trailer, and I couldn't help think what a cock they were, despite never having had trouble with either.

I'm yet to see an Audi driver act like a cock. BMW drivers on the other hand, every second one either cuts you off, speeds, or just drives like an asshole. E.g. cock.

forgiving people just because they have a Jaaaaaaaaaaag

I'm yet to see an Audi driver act like a cock. BMW drivers on the other hand, every second one either cuts you off, speeds, or just drives like an asshole. E.g. cock.

Agreed to everything of the above. When I'm driving on the autobahn, left lane, high speed (160-180 km/h), and see bright, badly setup (blinding) xenon lights coming up from behind very fast and very close, sometimes flashing, in 95% of the cases it's a 5-series. I make way for them at the first possibility, but they just never keep distance and show any patience whatsoever.

I have learned that, in addition to going straight ahead quickly, cars are also supposed to competently turn right as well as left! :lol:

That's why I drive a Mazda and not a Mustang.

Reactions: MWF

Actually they are completely right about what they say about Audi drivers, at least here in the UK. They are more often than not driven in that aggressive, "I own the road" kind of way that used to be typified by Beemers, whereas these days the latter seem to be driven in a much more considerate fashion. While there are exceptions to any rule it does appear as if the cocks have migrated from Munich to Ingolstadt en masse.

As for other TG-type opinions I have and always will hate Vauxhalls, but I also loved my Ibiza Tdi FR so don't loathe diesels, and my dream classic would be a DS23 Pallas in black which the telly guys would doubtless larf at lots. And they are wrong about the Brera; it's a bit like J-Lo, pretty face but the arse appears too big because the C-pillar is so wide.

They don't really influence my opinions, but like them as a true petrolhead I tend to find myself agreeing with them more often than not.

That metaphor doesn't really apply in this case, and no even to what you were insinuating.

I realized that men with beards are particularly bad and/or slow drivers. Never paid any attention to that before Top Gear.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't have any opinion on cars at all before I started watching Top Gear...

I do disagree with them sometimes now, but at first I didn't really know anything, so i just took their word for it mostly.

I guess one of the big things is that I really don't like a lot of American cars any more, as well as Kias and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Must be because you drive on the wrong side of the road. :p

Actually we drive on the correct side of the road. In days of old yadda yadda because of the connotations associated with being left-handed (witchcraft, the left being "sinister" etc etc) people were always taught to wield a sword with their right hand. For safety they would then pass each other on narrow paths sword-arm to sword-arm to make it harder for the person they were passing to launch a surprise attack and/or stab them in the back. Fast forward to the days of Napoleon Bonaparte who forced the change to driving (carts, carriages etc) on the right hand side of the road because of his extreme hatred of anything British. The rest of Europe adopted this system for convenience, as did the US because of the recent independance from British rule.

So there you have it, thanks to a shortarse Corsican with ideas above his station, and a bunch of uppity colonials, you and millions like you now drive on the wrong side of the road and are in imminent danger of being stabbed in the back at any moment.

Probably.

;)

Top Gear stopped me from buying a Prius.

Thank god.