Top Gear Mistakes/Gaffs

There's one in the segment where Richard and Jeremy try to prove to the world that Lancia is the most important car maker in the world. At the beginning of the Lancia vs Morris race, Jeremy bumps into Richard's car and the front number plate on Jezza's Lancia comes loose. Few seconds later it's back in its place again. Jeremy must have pressed backspace (anyone who has played Carmageddon will know what I'm on about).

As I'm sure most people know, in 13x06 when Jeremy was naming off the Top Gear dinosaurs, they showed a clip from the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 review, and Jeremy called it the Murcielago. Every time I watch that episode I start to feel the frustration of the names... >_>

There's one in the segment where Richard and Jeremy say they are eating chips but they are actually eating French fries.

British english: do you know the term "fish and chips"? Yeah, that's british. ;)

There's one in the segment where Richard and Jeremy say they are eating chips but they are actually eating French fries.
worf.gif

I have to ask, are you a troll? i just cant tell.......

In case you were being serious:
In many places french fries are commonly referred to as chips or hot chips, and potato chips (the circular type) are referred to as crisps.

And I just remembered another one:

Don't remember which episode it was in, but being a bit of a movie-buff, this always bothered me.

JC talks about a car and likens its acceleration to "Dr. Strangelove". He specifically said "It's like that scene where Peter Sellers is astride the nuclear missile".

Mistakes:
1. That wasn't a missile, it was a nuclear bomb, dropped from a B-52
2. Peter Sellers was nowhere to be seen in that scene. The character riding the bomb was Major "King" Kong, played by Slim Pickens.
You are correct as it happens but Major Kong was supposed to be Peter Sellars originally - there are pictures of him sat at the Mock Up controls of the B52 - he did not think that he could pull off a sufficiently good accent or performance so Slim Pickens was drafted in to do the job - and a damn fine job he made of it too - and I spotted that error too.

I have to ask, are you a troll? i just cant tell.......
In case you were being serious:
In many places french fries are commonly referred to as chips or hot chips, and potato chips (the circular type) are referred to as crisps.
In British English Chips are always what is referred to in American as French Fries. What Americans refer to as Chips are always Crisps. We have just recently started calling Chips French Fries due to the US fast invasion of the last 20 or so years, and we would know what you meant due to all the Hollywood stuff we get - Clear?

Oh and Pringles are Pringles. ...

Last edited:
The editing/clipping on the cool wall segment in the last episode was quite frankly terrible.

When Hammond and Clarkson are talking about Bullitt and Vanishing Point, one of them (can't remember which) calls Bullitt a 70's movie when in fact it was released in 1968. Pedantic? Just a little bit!

Here's one in the "Let's transform a Renault Avantime into a Mitsu Evo" episode: after changing suspension and replacing Renault's standard seats for racing ones, Stig took it for a lap and a couple of shots of inside the vehicle still had the old seats on.

Last edited:
And also in the Audi RS5 review Jezza said it use a Lamborghini derived V8 ???!! That engine didn't exist nowadays.

Take Lambo V10, lop off two cylinders, Lamborghini derived V8. Top Gear logic, you're welcome.