Top Gear Mistakes/Gaffs

biggest gaffe, episode ashes (16-1?) - australia only makes holdens, Ford has been making the Falcon here for 50 years (usa only made the falcon for 8-9 years).
Satellite

before you point out ford is a usa company, hammond was racing a FORD transit for britain.

the 458 review. Clarkson was complaining about not knowing the speed when you put the right screen in sat nav mode. But the left screen shows the speed:

5520513516_de554f38c1_b.jpg

I suppose Jeremy's biggest mistake (or should I call it misjudgement) was to categorically say in the news of a very early episode of the new Top Gear, that the Bugatti Veyron will never ever work.

Last edited:
I suppose Jeremy's biggest mistake (or should I call it misjudgement) was to categorically say in the news of a very early episode of the new Top Gear, that the Bugatti Veyron will never ever work.

Multiple news segments, in fact.

the 458 review. Clarkson was complaining about not knowing the speed when you put the right screen in sat nav mode. But the left screen shows the speed:

5520513516_de554f38c1_b.jpg

He does have a point still. That speed read-out is fucking ridiculously tiny.

:lol: Or in a similar vein

Selling a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder :jc:
any car purchase or sale :clarkson: has ever made

I don't remember which episode it was in, but Richard talked about some of his mistakes and they were costly... it may have been in the one with three M cars on the Isle of Man.

Series 14 :p

any car purchase or sale :clarkson: has ever made

I don't remember which episode it was in, but Richard talked about some of his mistakes and they were costly... it may have been in the one with three M cars on the Isle of Man.

his purchase/ sell mistakes were discussed when doing the 'crock/classic' board during series 3. cars like the alfa GTV6, bmw 3.0CSL and alfa spider were bought by jezza at some point, and he sold them for less than they were later worth

his purchase/ sell mistakes were discussed when doing the 'crock/classic' board during series 3. cars like the alfa GTV6, bmw 3.0CSL and alfa spider were bought by jezza at some point, and he sold them for less than they were later worth
Ta, that's exactly what I meant!

It's been said on the show you buy cars with your heart not your head. All of Jezza's cars represent this philosophy.

The really fast Caterham lap(the one that went against the Veyron IIRC, 500 perhaps?) jumps around horrendously. In some shots the sun is shining, in others it's cloudy, and the cameras appear and disappear at random from the car.

And also in the Audi RS5 review Jezza said it use a Lamborghini derived V8 ???!! That engine didn't exist nowadays.
But, when Jeremy did a test of the Lamborghini Gallardo, he said that the engine is a Audi V8 with two added cylinders to make a V10

Last edited:
The really fast Caterham lap(the one that went against the Veyron IIRC, 500 perhaps?) jumps around horrendously. In some shots the sun is shining, in others it's cloudy, and the cameras appear and disappear at random from the car.
That happens all the time with lap times, the video of the lap they show is usually a mash up from all the laps done put in order, a lot of the time it's because the shots taken may have too much glare or a camera sweep wasn't smooth. It follows what May(?) said about the epic races, what you see is true but not real, or something like that.

Bit of an editing gaffe: When the boys are trying to create their own police cars. When Hamster is doing his power lap, he runs over his own "tongue", but a few shots, as he finishes his lap, its back attached to the front of his Vitara.

Here's my favourite.

"As the sun began to go down, we approached Paris..."

5541562019_1ea5aea94d_z.jpg

If you're going south towards Paris at dusk, then the sun would be to the west -- on the passenger side of the car. But in all the shots, the sun is on the driver's side, which is to the east.

Which means they were actually travelling north. I bet they took these shots on the way back to the UK.

Here's my favourite.

"As the sun began to go down, we approached Paris..."

5541562019_1ea5aea94d_z.jpg

If you're going south towards Paris at dusk, then the sun would be to the west -- on the passenger side of the car. But in all the shots, the sun is on the driver's side, which is to the east.

Which means they were actually travelling north. I bet they took these shots on the way back to the UK.

on that picture, the sun is going down on the passenger side. james is driving a right hand drive fezza