Top Gear moments that made you laugh?

In season 15, when Clarkson is driving the Reliant Robin and takes his first turn down the driveway (see sig pic), I laughed as hard as I have in quite a while.

"How's your engine?"
"Ruined!"

That always slays me.

The line about Stig peeing during the Britcar race was epic.

Anything about the Dacia Sandero.

Season 3 Episode 3: Cool Wall.

Jeremy trying to convince the audience that the 996 Porsche GT3 is uncool, because of scaffolding in the back etc. An attractive lady mentions she would be impressed if he picked her up for a date in one and that he would make the 'Second date'. Audience "Oooooh's and applause" follow and Clarkson promptly grabs the GT3 and sticks it in Subzero section.

The way he did it gets me everytime :lol:.

- Flipping the Toybota in 8x03 for sure.
- Running over the child's bicycle and asking "Got any syphilis?" in the garden store (TGGF).
- Jeremy and James' effort in the 13x02 "Sneak up the driveway at 3am" challenge.

The helium test from 16x04. Hilarious! James - "This is a bloody stupid idea!" and Jeremy - "Riiiight!"

- Jeremy shouting SKWEEWEEEVEEVOLL when imitating a german
- Richard's victorydance-thingy when he beats ze germans (funny that hasn't been mentioned)
- Jeremy imitating James May, especially naming his tools

can't think of a good one for James May, a lot has been mentioned already :)

can't think of a good one for James May, a lot has been mentioned already :)
How about one of these gems :p.

[video=youtube;lPWEljJY-H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWEljJY-H8[/video]

James : "Do you think we've actually found a communist car that we like"
<Car fails to start>
Jeremy : <Laughs> "No..."

How about one of these gems :p.

[video=youtube;lPWEljJY-H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWEljJY-H8[/video]

Definitely that one for me. :nod: One of my favourite James moments ever.

the latest one would have to be from 16x04 where they were testing their 325i convertible's roofs with the helium. their voices were just ridiculous xD

I haven't seen very many episodes yet (I'm only up to the third season, though technically I've seen a smattering of episodes from all different times )

But after hearing Jeremy, in the first season, do an imitation of an American car dealer, I will never be able to read or hear or even take seriously "Hyundai" the same ever again.
"Hyoondee!" ...pffft :D

Riight, I just have to say thats a stup, it is stupid, its just a test of how big your lungs are!

Made me roll around on the floor, seeing a serious Jeremy trying to get a point across sounding like Alan Carr!

Someone has to agree :D

in series 15 episode 6 when they were travelling in their British sports cars.

Clarkson notices his colleagues' number plates.

JC: "Richard Hammonds number plate is an anagram of 'LIAR' (L48I RAR), and James' is an anagram of 'GOSH' (G299 HOS). A lot of anagrams going on here!!"

And then Clarkson's number plate comes on screen (CTU I3IN)

:lol:

Someone has to agree :D

I do :) Watched it again last night with Mrs. ChestWig, since she'd missed it on Sunday, and it just had me rolling on the sofa. Not so much what he said, but the way he said it (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally think someone speaking in a helium indiced voice is especially funny).

the latest one would have to be from 16x04 where they were testing their 325i convertible's roofs with the helium. their voices were just ridiculous xD

Yep - that was the most I have laughed at top gear in a while... While always amusing, that was brilliant!

Just because it's getting quite a few mentions:

This one usually provides a giggle or two :D.

Last edited:
BTW, as a complete aside: why didn't the "thieves" slash the roof of them to get in? That's what always happened to my ragtop (and is probably the origin of the phrase).

BTW, as a complete aside: why didn't the "thieves" slash the roof of them to get in? That's what always happened to my ragtop (and is probably the origin of the phrase).
Because it would have ruined the helium test! :p