• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear Motoring Survey 2005 (The results..)

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
MANUFACTURER POSITIONS:
http://img381.imageshack.**/img381/7138/manufacturerpositions3cw.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.**/img381/2056/manufacturerpositions20mq.jpg

WINNERS BY-CLASS:
Small car
Honda Jazz

Compact car
Mazda 323

Medium car
Skoda Superb

Executive/Luxury
Lexus IS

MPV
Mazda Premacy

4x4/SUV
Lexus RX300

Sports car
Honda S2000

Super sports
Porsche 911

THE TOP-10:
10 Subaru Forester
9 Skoda Fabia
8 Subaru Legacy
7 Honda Accord (Dec '02 on)
6 Honda Jazz
5 Skoda Octavia
4 Skoda Superb
3 Lexus RX300
2 Lexus IS200/300
1 Honda S2000

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/11/stories/01/1.html
^Do read for yourself, very interesting indeed!!

Things I took note of:
3-Skodas in the top-10 :shock: I didnt even know people bought them!
IS200 in position 2 - Yeh it deserves it - We have one..
Merc down in position 32/36 :( Yeh well it probly deserves that - We have one..
^Just got back from service today (air-con problem) and there was grease of some sort all over the side of it...some service eh!
Nissan should be higher up - Isnt it Japanese??

seems that the frenchies don't do that well :|

'It took Vauxhall two hours to change a battery, then I found a tea bag under the bonnet' - Michael Tang, Oxford

shame they don't have more user stories.

And kudos to skoda. Specialy compared to the other VAG brands

"...even one with an engine capable of wanging right round to 8,900rpm."
:lol: wanging

Good for Alfa, though, that the Frenchies are so far down there...otherwise you could see some sort of comment on "Alfas get their numbers from their expected place in the TG survey." This after seening that there were 159 cars, and thinking how (fitting? ironic?) it would be for the Alfa 159 to be in that spot.

Re: Top Gear Motoring Survey 2005 (The results..)

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Merc down in position 32/36 :( Yeh well it probly deserves that - We have one..
^Just got back from service today (air-con problem) and there was grease of some sort all over the side of it...some service eh!

Strange...my SL65AMG doesn't have that problem. You must have had the monday morning one. ;)

Well well, Skoda at the top, I guess I'm not surprised. I think they do good cars nowadays. They seem firm and reliable, but not too inspiring though.

:shock: For Skoda...

bone said:

Of course not, Renault "builds" awful cars. It's the most italian car manufacturer of France :)

Oh, and most of them are ugly, too, it's a mix between Lada (design) and 1970s Alfa (electric system, reliability).

No wonder why they don't make the top.

Citro?n looks better, but I wonder if they sell enough cars in UK to be well represented.

^euhm, i think the list is about how many times the cars brake down, not how good they look

Lukhas said:
bone said:

Of course not, Renault "builds" awful cars. It's the most italian car manufacturer of France :)

Oh, and most of them are ugly, too, it's a mix between Lada (design) and 1970s Alfa (electric system, reliability).

No wonder why they don't make the top.

Citro?n looks better, but I wonder if they sell enough cars in UK to be well represented.

citroens are pretty common in the north east (mind you the most popular type of car are front wheel drive hatchbacks - which is pretty much citroen territory)

And the survey covers everything from satisfaction with the dealer to reliability to how nice it smells inside when you buy it.

Yay Skoda are doing better than before

" - these days the joke is on Merc's fading three-pointed star"

Who ever wrote that has forgot about the new s class, and AMG models. The top 30 are mostly from Japan, the Americains and Germans still have some work to do

bone said:
^euhm, i think the list is about how many times the cars brake down, not how good they look

Right, but I couldn't resist writing something bad about Renault :)

If Citr?en are common, then I find strange that they're so low, because they made a lot of efforts to improve customers' satisfaction recently (ie. the electronics won't break down every 400 km).

Maybe they're not good enough :)

citroen are common because they're cheap and they're popular with charvas.