Top Gear needs your help

Loomy

Car(s)
Ford Cougar
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1865/

May 21, 2007
Top Gear needs your help

Yes, the Top Gear TV show needs your help. If you're genuinely in the market for a brand new ?35,000 four-door saloon, we'd like to hear from you.

If you've got your heart set on an Audi S4 or A6, a BMW 335i or 5-Series, a Mercedes C350 or E-Class, a Jaguar S-Type or another saloon of that ilk for around 35 grand, we've got an interesting alternative in mind and we'd like to know what real customers make of it.

If you'd like to take part in the next series of Top Gear, drop us an email with a phone number we can contact you on. You'll need to be free to take part in filming on Wednesday June 6.

Golden oportunity, people. Instant +10 on the FGForum-streetcred if you can manage to get yourself on the show ;)

Too bad I don't live in the UK. And have ?35,000 :(

Weeeeell, that's more about when the show is back on TV (at least judging by the thread title, not my fault they went off topic :p). I'm more interested in finding out if anyone from this forum is indeed in the market for a ?35,000 saloon.

Other thread is :yawn:. This one can stay.

Yay then!

But as I said in the last thread, I bet the alternative is the Vauxhall VXR8.

That's so good! We have to set a challenge so that if they do get onto the show they have to give us some form of subtle notice in the show, so we know they are from FG. Removes those glory hunters who just say 'I WAS THERE!' when they weren't.

Sorry to dig up an old thread!
I was just wondering if there are any other ideas on what the alternative might be. Personally I don't think it would be the VXR8, because surely, if you are going to spend that much on a car and you were a petrol head, it would be a fairly obvious one to consider?
So, any other ideas??

Hyandai Sonata? Lexus IS? Doubt it...

I wondered if it's going to be some sort of eco-transport, as that's something most petrol heads really wouldn't have already considered (for more than 2.8 seconds anyway!)?

So has anyone signed up?

JC was a gent - but we hardly had any time with him. Didnt get a chance of a photo :-(

His Lambo looked good with orange leather - is a photo required ?

I'm not going to spill the beans on the car tho - that would be wrong ! You'll find out in the new series in Oct.

Any other questions ? Yes, we did get to drive on the track :)

:(

PM me spoilers if you don't want to tell everyone here! :p