Top Gear New Season First Episode Highlights

xkwilson

Got the highlights of the new episode starting 9th May.

Here they are

In the meantime, in the show on 9 May you'll find:

Aston's DB9 put through its paces

Rover's CityRover evaluated

Lotus Exige takes on Apache

Fay Ripley of Cold Feet is our Star in a reasonably priced car

More info can be found here,
http://www.topgear.com/content/misc/TV/

I tink the format will still be the same wif a few different topics included such as

We want to pick your brains on everything to do with cars - from minging motors to the stuff that really gets up your exhaust pipe about being a motorist in the UK.

Minging cars
We're looking for really ugly cars. The kind of car you wouldn't want to introduce to your mother. If you drive a bit of a motoring minger, or your mate does, let us know.

Even better, is your mate a minger? And do they look like their car? This series we want pictures of people who look like their cars, so send us a picture.

Car trivia
Is there a piece of motoring trivia that gnaws away at your brain so much there's nothing left in the morning? Are you so desperate for an answer you've re-read the Highway Code but still don't know which way is right? Then send in your questions.

Or just have a good old-fashioned they-don't-make-them-like-they-used-to rant.

There's still the STIG and the presenters are still the same.

What I hope is some of you guys make some good avi recordings while keeping the aspect ratio. I'm very fussy when it comes to video quality. The episode with the Cayenne was the best IMHO. Whatever it is I'll try to be content with what you guys will put up. Thanks a lot.

What I hope is some of you guys make some good avi recordings while keeping the aspect ratio. I'm very fussy when it comes to video quality. The episode with the Cayenne was the best IMHO. Whatever it is I'll try to be content with what you guys will put up. Thanks a lot.

Well..you gotta give some credit to the ppl who contribute the videos. There are many things to consider other than quality. There are file size issues, too good a quality will mean too big a file. Then there's the capture card, it depends on the quality of the card. If money no object, of cos we can do a very high quality video.
Also, the reception of the TV when recording is also an issue. VUK doesn't have the luxury of having HDTV like in the states and he records using a normal antenna.

As for the rest of the videos not recorded by VUK, we have absolutely no control over the quality as it was encoded by someone else. Hope you will understand the limitations. I tink the current quality is the best compromise we can have in terms of quality and file size.

Yeah I do... I was able to rip a DVD which was 2 hours long with a considerably high resolution 528x360 resolution and pretty good quality and is 780MB. Good quality, big size. I suppose you could compromise a lot of quality for the size I don't mind at all. I have so much respect for people recording and decoding the videos.

Just have to say, this sunday's episode was one of the best ever! The DB9 review was just brilliant, and the City Rover, well, they managed to make even that exciting. And then the Exige vs the Apache... :shock:

Can't wait to see the episode! :D