Top Gear not on because of the World Cup? Nope...

jmb

Car(s)
BMW 120D M-Sport
I saw this in a newsgroup: (watch the language)

The excuse given for removing Top Gear from the schedules was the extended
TV coverage of children's games from Germany. So tuning in to BBC2 at 8pm
on Sunday should result in a display of 22 useless twats chasing down a
pig's bladder. But what does the schedule show:

BBC2 18 June 2006:

20:00 Natural World A Boy Among Polar Bears The enchanting story of Apak
Taktu, a young Inuit boy, making his first trips out onto the Arctic
sea-ice with his father. (repeat)

So it's more important to show some bunny-hugging crap, and a repeat at
that than a program which has regularly has audiences exceeding 4.5
million?

No insult is adequate, let alone to harsh, for the mindless cunts who
schedule BBC programmes.

I didn't realise this! I didn't check the schedules, but assumed that it would be Paraguay versus Outer Mongolia or something, but apparently not. That kinda sucks.

So what's the deal? BBC all of a sudden hired a weirdo that fancies re-runs of stupid, boring, non-sense bullshit because it's got a politically correct sounding title and non-offending content for viewers who normally wear hats when driving and thing 40mph is fast enough?

The deal is that Top Gear goes out at 8.00pm on a Sunday, when a match will be broadcast on either BBC1 or ITV1 from 7.45pm. You'd have the choice of watching either footy or TG, and since it's been 4 years since I last spent a month shouting obscenities at the television with a bottle of bourbon in my hand - I'd choose the football. I'm quite happy for BBC2 to show absolute pants right now and schedule Top Gear at a time I'm free to watch it!

Electrastar, your sig was bad enough with just Taylor Hicks :)P), now you're bowing down to Ford's desperately terrible and pathetic ad campaign? :unsure:

That does sound bowel-shakingly abysmal PC dreck aimed at psychologically disturbed housewives, but what's on the schedule for the other 4 weeks?

What time is the show that is replacing TG for the moment normally aired??

Maybe that show is getting bumped into TG slot becuase of World Cup coverage.

Blaro said:
Electrastar, your sig was bad enough with just Taylor Hicks :)P), now you're bowing down to Ford's desperately terrible and pathetic ad campaign? :unsure:

You had to write all the lyrics in there too????

Electrastar~Indochine said:
The deal is that Top Gear goes out at 8.00pm on a Sunday, when a match will be broadcast on either BBC1 or ITV1 from 7.45pm. You'd have the choice of watching either footy or TG, and since it's been 4 years since I last spent a month shouting obscenities at the television with a bottle of bourbon in my hand - I'd choose the football. I'm quite happy for BBC2 to show absolute pants right now and schedule Top Gear at a time I'm free to watch it!
bang on i think. :D

ryosuke said:

Exactly right. American stations do it all the time. When the finals for the World Series were on last year all the big shows, such as Lost, Alias, CSI etc) went on a little break for a month or so.

Basically they presume that a majority of people will be watching the huge sporting event so why waste their prime shows on a time that will result in a minimal number of viewers.

It is only bad for people who aren't actually interested in watching the said sporting event as it means there is generally bugger all on any other station.

Sorry, but in my book it would be stupid to broadcast Top Gear parallel to a worldcup football game. I'm not into football, but it's like preparing a party knowing that noone is going to come. Why would BBC waste their good shows like that?
Instead, they'll show some filler noone wants to see anyway, to save Top Gear for the times when people actually have some. What's wrong with that?

Regards
the Interceptor

ryosuke said:
ditto

osabros said:
ryosuke said:
ditto

me thinks so too

jakifirbec said:
osabros said:
ryosuke said:
ditto

me thinks so too
Exactly right. Especially about the shouting obscenities at the TV with Whiskey in my hand (I use Jack Daniels).

Mercury said:
jakifirbec said:
osabros said:
ryosuke said:
ditto

me thinks so too
Exactly right. Especially about the shouting obscenities at the TV with Whiskey in my hand (I use Jack Daniels).

Ok, you have a point there. Although one I'm not sharing since

a) I don't give a flying rats ass about football and
b) I am anyways stationed in a country where the only way I can watch TG is to download it...

:p

Mercury said:
jakifirbec said:
osabros said:
ryosuke said:
ditto

me thinks so too

Hahahahaha ... I'm a Jack drinker too!