Top Gear on 60 Minutes

So is it only 4 mins long like that "Overtime" video or is the whole show about Top Gear?

So is it only 4 mins long like that "Overtime" video or is the whole show about Top Gear?

I doubt the whole show is about Top Gear. 60 minutes is a "newsmagazine" similar to dateline in that it covers many stories in an hour. :p)

Not the entire show. Most 60 Minutes features are, I think, ten minutes or so long?

TURN IT ON NOW!

I watched it. They did not talk about the US version, it was pretty much a summary of the show with some of the controversial stuff left for last (like Richard's crash and the incident in Alabama). The Overtime segment is supposedly on the show's origins or something like that. The most interesting bit was Andy talking about how the show was a "journey into the male mind."

Still a good segment, but I had to wait through 2 other relatively boring ones to see it. :p

Last edited:
That was great! Im surprised they did not talk about the problems with "The Stig" or the History channel version.

Well, when they filmed the feature, it was during filming of 15x05 or 15x06, so none of the problems with Ben had come to the fore yet.

The Overtime piece does mention the History Channel version briefly.

I thought it was a great segment. 60 Minutes rarely disappoints. For those outside the US, 60 Minutes is a TV news magazine that usually fits in 3 or 4 segments in its hour-long timeslot.

Like Zeether said, it was a summary of the show, nothing too specific. They interviewed all 3 hosts together & separately. Mentioned the worldwide number of viewers and that it's a billion dollar money maker for the BBC. Talked about their trip to the North Pole, the US trip (Miami to New Orleans), Hammond's rocket car crash, and Clarkson's mouth getting him into trouble (which they mentioned was a weekly occurrence).

Hopefully someone will find a link and everyone can see it.

damn, I missed it !!!! I didn't know until I turn on my tv for Amazing race on CBS !!!... hope someone will rip a video out of it !

It'll be on their website later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'll be ripping it. :nod:

EDIT: Dayum! Online already!?

Last edited:
The introduction of Hammond :rofl: pretty much sums him up stereotypically - the smallest chap with the whitest of teeth :lol:

Nice watch in HD. I also think the segment with Andy was probably the most interesting, but only because I hadn't heard it in other interviews previously. Although I have to say having it on an 'American' news-type show is pretty exciting itself. Now to watch the overtime segment...

Nice watch in HD. I also think the segment with Andy was probably the most interesting, but only because I hadn't heard it in other interviews previously. Although I have to say having it on an 'American' news-type show is pretty exciting itself. Now to watch the overtime segment...

Same, I thought that just seeing it on US tv was super cool.

Wonder if those people in Alabama watched 60 Minutes? Wonder what their reaction was.....:p "you mean I was on TV?" :p

Thanks for the links, Solstice!
It's tapes like that that make me wish I could see all the raw footage of interviews. I mean, you know they had to of sat with each host for more than 30 minutes interviewing them.

Thanks for the links, Solstice!
It's tapes like that that make me wish I could see all the raw footage of interviews. I mean, you know they had to of sat with each host for more than 30 minutes interviewing them.
No problem! :) I wish the same thing - the news magazine format only scratches the surface, which to TG geeks like us is pretty unsatisfying, imo.

Thanks for the links db2450 and solsticeviolet! Of course I managed to forget and miss the segment when it aired despite a friend e-mailing me expressly to tell me about it. Thank goodness for the internet is what I say.

Very enjoyable.

But...

"This summer, Tom Cruise nearly killed himself while clocking the fastest lap".

Come on...
:rolleyes: