Top Gear on airlines

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
Just got back from Majorca and my return journey (at 3am) was made less boring by the fact that they showed a "Best Of Top Gear" episode. Actually its the same one thats on right now, it was wierd turning on my T.V Tonight thinking hang on, i was watching this on a Plane last night.

Anyway are Thompson Fly the only airline that uses Top Gear episodes?

Just got back from Majorca and my return journey (at 3am) was made less boring by the fact that they showed a "Best Of Top Gear" episode. Actually its the same one thats on right now, it was wierd turning on my T.V Tonight thinking hang on, i was watching this on a Plane last night.

Anyway are Thompson Fly the only airline that uses Top Gear episodes?

THOMSON lol, sorry I had an argument with my mate once on the way to the airport, he thought it was Thompson:mad: lol.

Erm, BA uses TG episodes or used to....

Oh man, they all show Top Gear. My Travel, Thomsons, BMI, Monarch. I can't remember a flight i've been on in the last 4 years where they haven't shown or had the choice of Top Gear.

I saw the same ep coming back from Majorca about 6 weeks ago. :D

It didn't actually cross my mind that it was the same one until you said so. Better than Robin Hood on the way. :lol:

Just out of interest, where did you go in Majorca? I went to Alcudia. :)

I also has TG on the way because it was on my PSP. :D

Last edited:
On an Air Namibia flight I took recently they showed a completely butchered episode - the stretch limos segment from series 9 but so edited that it made no sense at all.

I watched the original Amphi Cars episode on a Singapore Airlines flight from Perth,WA to Singapore. You just had to have the more modern planes of theirs which had the wider selection, as on the trip back there was fewer options to watch, top gear was not one of them.

Qantas showed the Arctic episode between LA-Sydney

Yeah , I saw the Polar special on Qantas between Sydney and Beijing, yet on BA from London to Beijing they didn't have any Top Gear.

QANTAS show cut down episodes of TG during some domestic flights. Last time I flew they showed an episode of TG with just the Cheap Van Challenge in it. was funny to hear a few laughs on the plane when Hamster did the Scandinavian Flick ...

Qantas as well as Singapore show them

I saw the London race episode on a flight on Qantas from Auckland to Melbourne, was feeling a little under the weather at the time from a busy holiday/working trip but it perked me right up :)

Singapore Airlines now has a couple to choose from, out of Series 10.

Cathay Pacific also shows it.

Honestly there can't be a major airline left that doesn't ;) If Singapore Airlines has it then i would have to assume all in StarAlliance has and with Cathay/Qantas having it then the remaining in OneWorld should also have. I think the deals will be done on an Alliance basis rather than a separate airline, keeping costs down.

Yeah, i watched Top Gear on my flight from Singapore to London this summer, with Singapore Airlines. Was great, too bad i laughed so hard. Aaaah... it was great.