Top Gear on BBC America

carsismeZ06

Has anyone watched season 13 of Top Gear on BBC America? I recorded two new Top Gears without any info on them (assuming they're the new episode). I did the same thing last week but nothing happened, it never recorded. I live in the 'States by the way.

S13 has not aired on BBCA yet, and won't for quite a while yet, to be sure.

Well, my stupid torrent file was only 15 min. long. So some ways are, apparently, more questionable than others. :(

Well, my stupid torrent file was only 15 min. long. So some ways are, apparently, more questionable than others. :(

..and some Torrent clients obviously are more questionable than others, too.

rapid$h!t anyone?

it sucks (if you dont pay), but it gets gets me the episode less than an hour after it finished airing in england. (of course thanks mostly to speedy rippers)

and ~$30 a semester isnt that bad a price to pay for practically unlimited downloads of...well everything!

Last edited:
rapid$h!t anyone?

it sucks (if you dont pay), but it gets gets me the episode less than an hour after it finished airing in england. (of course thanks mostly to speedy rippers)

and ~$30 a semester isnt that bad a price to pay for practically unlimited downloads of...well everything!

If you get on the right sites, and have a $15\mo seedbox, I can get it ~15 minutes after the show finishes airing (directly after the cappers upload it to the Scene, it's downloading).

10MB\s+ to the seedbox, 1.5MB\s to my house. I'm probably one of the first hundred people on the internet to start watching the show.

I also get BBC America (in Canada) and its usually a season behind. Torrents are your friend :lol:

Mine was only 16 minutes long when I tried to watch it on my Xbox. But on my computer, it was the full 66 minutes. No clue why. :(

And I will never ADVOCATE using torrents, but the BBC America versions of Top Gear are worthless. They are cut up and bleeped far too much. If you don't watch the torrent versions, you're missing a lot. Plus, I can't wait a year to see season 13. Just don't have the willpower.

Mine was only 16 minutes long when I tried to watch it on my Xbox. But on my computer, it was the full 66 minutes. No clue why. :(

This was my same problem too! I think it has to do with the source file, because it happened twice from two different downloads. Then my hubby compressed the file for me, and it worked fine. There wasn't a noticeable difference in quality from the compression, either.

Can't you guys just watch it on iPlayer? (I don't know if you get iPlayer in the US)

No, you cannot watch the iPlayer in the US without some creative changes to your proxy.

No, you cannot watch the iPlayer in the US without some creative changes to your proxy.

Ah right. I had no idea that it was UK only. Sorry to hear that, mate, sucks for fans of BBC programming who live abroad.

Ah Ha. so there is a reason why mine didnt work on my xbox. been tryig to figure that one out all day.

Can't you guys just watch it on iPlayer? (I don't know if you get iPlayer in the US)

iPlayer works for streaming their radio shows, but not for video/TV stuff.

BBC-A also edits the shows quite a bit. Online, an episode my run 60min or so, while on TV it gets edited down to roughly 45min.

Also, iPlayer is unavailable, period, to anyone in the States

BBC-A also edits the shows quite a bit. Online, an episode my run 60min or so, while on TV it gets edited down to roughly 45min.

Also, iPlayer is unavailable, period, to anyone in the States

I watched an episode yesterday and they deleted the entire news segment. It was the one with Porsche pipes as well, which I happen to find very funny. They chose to air the entire SIARPC segment. I find that weird, because how many Americans even know who Jools Holland is?

If they want to include commercials, they should just up the run time to 1h30m so we can get the whole show. The edits can be VERY awkward on BBC-A.

They almost always delete the news on bbca. It's pretty useless to watch Top Gear on BBCA though I never miss an ep.
It is VERY EASY to get every episode of Top Gear made since series 1 off the internet if you make an effort to look and learn to use the required software.
http://www.binsearch.info/ Search "top Gear". Every series is up.
http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

http://www.slyck.com/bt.php
For torrent sites, you'll need an invite to the better ones.
Ftp
http://www.filetransferplanet.com/ftp-guides-resources/
TechZ's ftp all the Top Gear and related programs you could ever want:
http://forums.finalgear.com/ftp-threads/techzs-ftp-30730/

I saw the last half of the Man With A White Van challenge on bbca 18 months ago and decided I HAD to get the rest of these shows. I got every single episode made to that point off the internet in one weekend.
Have fun!:D

Slight Correction:
Series, 1,2 3, are all BBC Prime which I believe is on continental Europe. No one seems to have these eps uncut, as they aired on BBC 2. Still, they're much better than the butchered BBCA versions.

Last edited: