Top Gear Production team needs help in Miami

Geez, if you were filming in Calgary I could find you a half dozen Camaro experts in no time flat! :lol:

Now... why would Top Gear need an expert on a car that isn't even in production at the moment... :shifty:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Geez, if you were filming in Calgary I could find you a half dozen Camaro experts in no time flat! :lol:

Now... why would Top Gear need an expert on a car that isn't even in production at the moment... :shifty:

Having a mullet and a primer clad Camaro up on blocks outisde of your trailer does not qualify you as an expert. :D

HOLY CRAP!!!

I'm in MIAMI but i don't know jack about Camaro's!!! Son of a Bitch, i need to go try and find where they're taping!! South Beach here i come!!!

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Cheap American muscle cars for under $1000 -challenge perhaps? 8)

I have a hard time believing the BBC didn't do proper research and get an expert in good time before filming. If the message is genuine, what happened to that guy that left them without a Camaro just before shooting?

And are they happy to get a guy with any type of Camaro? Any preferences as to model and such?

Top gear prodution team said:
Genuine callers in the Miami area only please, who are avalable to help with a car today.

This might be a matter of interpretation, but I read it as they need a man that can supply them with a Camaro, if they already have a car, why don't they just call for a mechanic?

vto said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
Cheap American muscle cars for under $1000 -challenge perhaps? 8)

Nah, I'll bet they are driving the Camaro "concept" from this year's auto show. GM is fast-tracking the car, and besides I've read articles in the press of actual test drives by automotive journalists. Probably they are looking for someone who knows the history of the Camaro enough for them to piece together the backstory for this car for their non-American viewers.

Think back to what they do with Mustangs every time. Cue the grainy 60's commercials and Lee Iacocca footage.

I will fly to Miami and pretend to know a lot about Camaros :)

HAHA most car enthusiasts in america that are not into hondas or fords know a thing or two about camaros.

Hell my dad is a mechanic specalizing in VWs (almost all hes ever owned) and he owned a camaro in his youth, didn't like it even though it won races.

I hope they did a race of cheap old cars in america....problem is they did the wrong cars..if it's just straight typical muscle cars (various GMs, mustang, charger, ect...). It should be a commentary on lesser known underdogs that would shock anyone not from here. Like the buick GNX (faster then the corvette of its time), pontiac fiero (ONLY american MR you can get other then a ford GT and RS200), and the crazy group of people that take dodge caravans with the turbo in it and do small mods to race on the drag strip. Also a look at common cars (for me its either a honda or a GM A or W body FWD, all of which I have) which would leave people in europe in shock at its sheer size and fuel consumption, even with FI.

I am just ranting....but if it is what I think it is I really cannot wait to watch.

Arg, to bad they arent in Texas, cause I could supply them with the hottest restored Camaro around. My dad is an EXPERT on camaro too... but I could do the talking :D . We'll fly out tomorrow :thumbsup: Heres a pic of it

69' Camaro Z28. All original frame up restoration multiple award winner. My baby :)
100_7201.jpg

Well good luck.

If you need someone in california with a broken BMW, let me know.

hmmm

hmmm

I'm not sure i buy this post to be honest. wouldn't it be easier to simply google a florida camaro club and post there? OR. . .is that one guy who apparently works for the BBC that visits here(rumored) actually have pull in the production of the show we love?

food for thought

DoriKiN said:
Yeah right...

After all the frustration he had lately with the Pirate Conspiracy, I dont think he really supports us sharing their Top Gear. He thinks he is going to loose his job as more people only going download the Ep's when they want.
But i think that Clarkson needs to have faith in this "NEW" industry called "internet".
The smart marketing people are gonna come up with new ways to get more money from sponsors and "whatnot".

And to get more attention for the show Clarkson should deff promote it more.
Like coming into the Chat indeed or posting some articles here aswell :woot:

If it wasnt for this site the popularity of top gear wouldnt have had exploded as it did in the recent years. They really should be thanking viper and vuk haha.

D3MON187 said:
Arg, to bad they arent in Texas, cause I could supply them with the hottest restored Camaro around. My dad is an EXPERT on camaro too... but I could do the talking :D . We'll fly out tomorrow :thumbsup: Heres a pic of it

69' Camaro Z28. All original frame up restoration multiple award winner. My baby :)
100_7201.jpg
I hate you. <3

Viper007Bond said:
D3MON187 said:

100_7201.jpg
I hate you. <3

And I just had a pants accident :blush: