Top Gear Production team needs help in Miami

Blind_Io said:
duesenberg_sj_01.jpg
WOW :shock: that is the most amazing looking car i have ever seen!!

Militant-Grunt said:
If it wasnt for this site the popularity of top gear wouldnt have had exploded as it did in the recent years. They really should be thanking viper and vuk haha.

:lol: :lol:
you're a funny guy, Top Gear is big in europe, all this site is doing is bringing a copy to the States...our watching an online version does nothing for them....they don't gain money or lose money or anything from us....

you're a funny guy, Top Gear is big in europe, all this site is doing is bringing a copy to the States...our watching an online version does nothing for them....they don't gain money or lose money or anything from us....
Think a little further...BBC could now air Top Gear in the U.S. and have instant success. FinalGear has already done their marketing and PR for free.

epp_b said:
Think a little further...BBC could now air Top Gear in the U.S. and have instant success. FinalGear has already done their marketing and PR for free.

Um, what?

Do you maybe pay attention to what Clarkson says? They already get enough shit from what he says by European viewers. Now you want them to get SUED by some dumbshit soccer mom who gets offended in the States?

epp_b said:

No they couldn't. On average, If I talk to 30 people, 1 will know of Top Gear via a 2 minute clip on Streetfire.net and refer to Clarkson as "that guy".

(Theoretically, you could say Streetfire is more responsible for Top Gear's saturation into the US than Finalgear.)

But, no... they couldn't have instant success. Why? because Discovery already tried it and it didn't work out so well. And you can't say "Oh but they were the edited version, they were TEH SUX"; because that wouldn't matter to someone who never saw the oringinal, BBC version.

Why? because Discovery already tried it and it didn't work out so well. And you can't say
Uh...well that's the Discovery Channel. How many automotive shows would you expect to find there? They should have put it on a network that was at least remotely related to motorsports.

And, yes, the editing out did stink. They cut the news and the guest (sometimes, some of the most entertaining parts).

Do you maybe pay attention to what Clarkson says? They already get enough from what he says by European viewers. Now you want them to get SUED by some dumb soccer mom who gets offended in the States?
Hmm...didn't think of that. You havea a point! :p

Kebab gud said:
there was an American Top gear in the works a year ago ..
with american presenters and a track in the US ..
but i HOPE it has been canned

It was not a year ago. Only been a few months and they will most likely air it sometime.

epp_b said:

dude, i hate to brakes this to you, but here in the states, only fan boys really know what top gear is...and it's not exactly easy to get...you either got newsgroups (which few people know how to use) and torrents (which are basically tech savy people). like mentioned before, only time people know top gear is off youtube/google/streetfire clips...

epp_b said:
Uh...well that's the Discovery Channel. How many automotive shows would you expect to find there?

Discovery Channel plays all sorts of different shows. TLC had Rides and Overhaulin'.... and they did well.

epp_b said:
They cut the news and the guest (sometimes, some of the most entertaining parts).

They wouldn't be able to air the guest spot or the news in US simply because those two segments are pretty Europe/UK related (guests, politics, economic issues 90% EU related.)

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, mostly because you're new (I don't want to turn you off from our site :) ). But the proposition that TG be shown as is in the states has come up before, and everything I said were reasons or answers to most questions.

...TLC had Rides and Overhaulin'...
Those don't count as "Car Shows" :woot:

.But the proposition of TG be shown as is in the states has come up before, and everything I said were reasons or answers to most questions.
Sorry, I guess I shouldn't be bringing up arguments as a newbie around here ;)

epp_b said:
...TLC had Rides and Overhaulin'...
Those don't count as "Car Shows" :woot:

Sure they do.

epp_b said:
Sorry, I guess I shouldn't be bringing up arguments as a newbie around here ;)

:lol: Don't worry... it's not the first time, and I'm sure it's not the last. Welcome BTW.

I think what bothers me is the lack of negative critisism when the US version was brought here. The other item which bothers me a great deal is how the episode is a mish mash of segments instead of a show.

The show just does not work in the US. I watched it as a fan of top gear and I didnt like how empty and cut up it felt, and this is without seeing the full british equivalent.

No Boss said:
because that wouldn't matter to someone who never saw the oringinal, BBC version.
it would because that version WAS teh suck and lack any kind of humor and all the cool stuff that makes top gear appealing.

How many times has this thread been hi-jacked?

Raider said:
dude, i hate to brakes this to you, but here in the states, only fan boys really know what top gear is...and it's not exactly easy to get...you either got newsgroups (which few people know how to use) and torrents (which are basically tech savy people). like mentioned before, only time people know top gear is off youtube/google/streetfire clips...

Top Gear has the gearheads/petrolheads. All my "car friends" know it. That's the excited base you need to start off with.

Had they aired it unedited on Speed, the results would be much different than the hard-to-find chopped up version on Discovery.

Had they aired it unedited on Speed...
That's the kind of channel I was talking about. It would have made a lot more sense.

How many times has this thread been hi-jacked?
Eh, good point. Is there anyone from Miami here? Did you see Top Gear filming?

zenkidori said:
No Boss said:
because that wouldn't matter to someone who never saw the oringinal, BBC version.
it would because that version WAS teh suck and lack any kind of humor and all the cool stuff that makes top gear appealing.

The response from people on my brothers site was huge when it came out. Once they heard about the UK version though, things changed.

I'm still hoping they will do that American one, if nothing else, for more car related shows on TV. Speedtv sure as hell doesn't provide it.

BBC Canada has the full unedited episodes all the time, generally tho there on at like 7 am on sunday mornings, so you have to get up early and sometimes they tend to be the older episodes but there still better then the crap that discovery was putting out

carey965 said:
BBC Canada has the full unedited episodes all the time, generally tho there on at like 7 am on sunday mornings, so you have to get up early and sometimes they tend to be the older episodes but there still better then the crap that discovery was putting out

theyre not full - they are an hour plus commercials; the full eps are showin in NZ with commercials and they are 90 mins...

still i watch them every week (they show them on the weekends and mondays, but not lots of people get bbcca)