Top Gear race against British Mail

If Jezza isn't the Posche, then perhaps he's driving the mail truck? :D :lol:

Jezza wasn't spotted at all, from the looks of things. Maybe they're racing The Stig instead?

Some say he has no concept of the mail service...

They don't ALL participate in every race. The smaller segments are often just one or two presenters in any assorted combination.

I kinda forgot about the ferry's there but still.....is there even an airfield on the orkney islands where a mailplane can take off from ? (never been there)

kirkwall has an airport with a regular service to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Shetland and Norway (in the summer) And there are small planes that serve many of the other islands of the Orkneys.
So, yes I reckon there is somewhere for a mailplane to land :p

Looks stock to me. The person reporting was probably just a noob and didn't know about the Panamera.

Jezza probably just isn't involved at all.'Lots of segments just have two of them. Like the mini cabs, scootermen, "luxury cars of yesteryear" (though that was jezza and james, obviously) the reliant robin shuttle and probably some more I can't think of after a night out. In any case this season is looking better and better, I can't wait.

cowboy said:
I kinda forgot about the ferry's there but still.....is there even an airfield on the orkney islands where a mailplane can take off from ? (never been there)

Loads. Well, seven.

Shortest scheduled passenger flight in the world is from one of the Orkney runways to another. Takes 2 minutes normally but less than one if the wind's in the right direction.

Loads. Well, seven.

Shortest scheduled passenger flight in the world is from one of the Orkney runways to another. Takes 2 minutes normally but less than one if the wind's in the right direction.

I hope you don't have to check in 90 minutes before departure for that flight then. :( ;)

Not ignoring the fact that the car will have to keep stopping for fuel, food and rests - it is in theory possible to drive all that with two drivers and not stop for sleep, but I wouldn't want to be the one doing it...

If I'm not mistaken, that's James in the passenger seat. Maybe Jeremy and James are driving?

If I'm not mistaken, that's James in the passenger seat. Maybe Jeremy and James are driving?

As it said at the start of the thread - it's Richard and James in the car. Jeremy didn't do this one.

A bit more info on this from Royal Mail (taken from their monthly newsletter)

Sorry for quality-couldn't scan as the original was A3 and I have an A4 scanner, so I had to take a photo instead.

^ Good info, thanks

This looks like its going to be a good race but I can already tell you the car is going to win, The amount of post I've lost thru the Royal Mail has just stopped been funny. But oohh they drove thru Cornwall! They've got to be the most interesting people to visit Cornwall...ever (for those that don't know, Cornwall is a rural part of the UK and is quite dull....has nice beaches tho)

Cornwall is a rural part of the UK and is quite dull....has nice beaches tho
I'm reliably informed that they also do good cider.