Top Gear returns - May 7th 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
GraemeH said:
Electrastar~Indochine said:
cracks open a McEwans

Oh lord, the most disgusting liquid ever to insult my tastebuds. I hope the rest of the world doesn't judge us on that export :(

[/offtopic]

i dont mind it :p

less, one top gear show is 59 minutes * 18 episodes a year = 17 hrs, 42 mins

now... 24, is ca. 45 minutes of content which is 18 hrs

so you're losing like... 18 minutes...

oooh good call!

I still like the North American format better... works better with my lifestyles.

What I dont like is how BBC canada shows it only on weekends at about the times im either eating out out... but that dosent really matter :p

andyhui01 said:
but aren't aussies supposed to be crazy over world cup this year because they got in?

Yeah thanks to the brilliance of Guus Hiddink :lol: 8)

Chupacabras said:
GraemeH said:
cracks open a McEwans

Oh lord, the most disgusting liquid ever to insult my tastebuds. I hope the rest of the world doesn't judge us on that export :(

[/offtopic]

*replaces Electrastar's McEwans with a pint of Tennents*

Now that's a real football drink.

teeb said:
Chupacabras said:
GraemeH said:
cracks open a McEwans

[/offtopic]

Guiness is way better than anything :p

6 week break are theynuts!, why even bother airing te first 4 then, just air all 8 after th 6 week break! This season better have fifth gear beat though, because in the first episode of fifth gear I think I saw a yellow c6 z06 that they're test driving, and if top gear isnt going to test one, then they can take a shit, even though I liek top gear more than fifth gear.

This is the only beer anyone should be drinking:

colt45canlabel.jpg

v1ct0r said:
offsides isn't confusing in soccer but in hockey...i have NO idea how it works (not saying i hate hockey, just that one rule is confusing as hell)

How can it be confusing when there's a BLUE line on the ice?

NEW TOP GEAR WOOOHOOO!!!!

I've been going through and watching the previous 7 seasons since I found out what they were playing here in the USA on the Discovery Channel wasn't the real deal. I just can't get enough and having to wait 6 weeks for some silly soccer matches is just torture, pull out my finger nails while you're at it why don't you.

And soccer is a sport over protective mothers let their little 8 year old Johnny play because they don't want him to get hurt playing a real sport.

What I want to know is will the new series of Top Gear be in HD, during the BBC's 12 month HD Test.

I don't care if it's gping to be in HD as long as it IS back at all! Sitting in Switzerland I always have the impression that Top Gear is punishing us for this country being so "car-o-phobe" :wall:

Finally we have a date for the new season! I personally can't complain as I love both soccer and TG,so when there's no TG there's a World Cup :mrgreen:
I sooooooooo can't wait these 2 weeks till it all starts.

Evo7 said:
teeb said:
Chupacabras said:
GraemeH said:
cracks open a McEwans

[/offtopic]

Guiness is way better than anything :p

Not to go off-topic or anything, but...

Nonono, you've got it all wrong!

Tennents is for football.
Guinness is for rugby.

It's an unwritten rule. :p

TVR_Fan said:
What I want to know is will the new series of Top Gear be in HD, during the BBC's 12 month HD Test.

Oooo... Getting our new HD TV in a couple of days so I'd love to know this too! Though I doubt it will be the case as it's probably not one of the first shows that will get the HD treatment (as far as I remember that priviledge is being reserved for the footy and tennis).

Shawn_230 said:
I really dislike this British TV format too... seems too little. Americans might suck at a lot, but their TV schedule is better. It's here during school/work time and it goes away during the months that you'd be at the beach anyway. Even though Brits usually do 2 series per calendar year, that's still only 18... about 4-6 less than an American show.

When comparing US TV to UK TV, the old saying about 'quality being better than quantity' springs to mind. ;)

monkeymax said:
TVR_Fan said:

Oooo... Getting our new HD TV in a couple of days so I'd love to know this too! Though I doubt it will be the case as it's probably not one of the first shows that will get the HD treatment (as far as I remember that priviledge is being reserved for the footy and tennis).

Yeah HD is nice, I'm planning on getting HD Cable here in the next couple of weeks. I had it before I moved, but now that i'm settled in, it's time to get it again. TopGear isn't likely to be first on the HD list, but hopefully it'll be high on the list. Let's just hope those that rip the episodes can get in the HD Test :-D (cause higher input quality = higher output quality).

Status
Not open for further replies.