Top Gear returns - May 7th 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, there's lots of good TV shows from America. Just ignore shit like American Idol and Disparate Housewives.

tone76 said:
Shawn_230 said:
I really dislike this British TV format too... seems too little. Americans might suck at a lot, but their TV schedule is better. It's here during school/work time and it goes away during the months that you'd be at the beach anyway. Even though Brits usually do 2 series per calendar year, that's still only 18... about 4-6 less than an American show.

When comparing US TV to UK TV, the old saying about 'quality being better than quantity' springs to mind. ;)

monkeymax said:
TVR_Fan said:
What I want to know is will the new series of Top Gear be in HD, during the BBC's 12 month HD Test.

Oooo... Getting our new HD TV in a couple of days so I'd love to know this too! Though I doubt it will be the case as it's probably not one of the first shows that will get the HD treatment (as far as I remember that priviledge is being reserved for the footy and tennis).
Just make sure you get Sky HD installed as well. And Byte maybe you don't care, because you still have an old SDTV maybe.

Anyone who does not care about Top Gear being in HD, should care. HD is the future, us people with HDTV's are not living in the past anymore like the SDTV owners lol. Anyway I hope the TVR Typhon gets tested on Top Gear.

I also heard word on many forums, that Clarkson may finally get a chance to test drive the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.

Why?

Why?

This run is eight episodes, and will have a six week break after the fourth show. This is to allow for the glorious waste of time that is the World Cup.

I'm sooo happy that TG is back, but why is there a break after the fourth show?? If the first ep. is on the 7th May, that would mean eps. 2,3 and 4 are on the 14th, 21st and 28th respectively.

The next Sunday is on the 4th June, so why can't we have an episode then?? The bloody World Cup doesn't start until the the 9th!!!!! :?

I suppose i'll be drunk during the World Cup so it will go by quicker!
COME ON ENGLAND!

Oh and by the way the best beer in the world is Cafferys/Worthys Creamflow or John Smiths :beer:

Is it may 7th yet?

Erm........No :p

***POTENTIAL SPOILER***

highlight to view:

If you actually read the link posted you would realise that he's attempting to better his previous lap time in something called the "Inaugeral Celebrity Challenge"

Hmmm... I have my doubts, but perhaps that's this new feature that, according to TopGear.com, is "an idea of such brilliance all other programmes will be copying it by the time the year's out".

And modern as opposed to modem.

Not sure why TVR would make modems.

Same reason Mitsubishi makes keyboards? :D

The TVR modem!

Downloads at 12gb a sec! Makes one hell of a 'dialling up' noise! Stops working every second time for no apparent reason! Smells a bit like a kayak! Speaks with a nouveau-Russian accent, дa, кoмрaд?

teeb said:
The TVR modem!

Downloads at 12gb a sec! Makes one hell of a 'dialling up' noise! Stops working every second time for no apparent reason! Smells a bit like a kayak! Speaks with a nouveau-Russian accent, дa, кoмрaд?

:lmao:

This is painful!!! I want the thing to start, now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.