Top Gear Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a radical idea that might not suit Mr. Lancer: watch the damn thing first, then judge. It isn't that long now.

:rofl: and :+1:

Just over 1 hour to go - then let the puff puffs begin.

Don't tell me TG has been cancelled and replaced with a repeat of "Queer as Folk"? :cry:

Here's a radical idea that might not suit Mr. Lancer: watch the damn thing first, then judge. It isn't that long now.

Yeah, good one. Here's one for you, how about you learn to read? My original comment was about the "last few seasons".

Yeah, good one. Here's one for you, how about you learn to read? My original comment was about the "last few seasons".

My ability to read is vastly exceeded by your ability to interpret. Anyone who took the remarks about making episodes for children seriously, given the people who said it, requires tests for certain aspects of mental deficiency. Your follow-ups have proven that no testing is required.

Don't worry, I and most of the others posting in this thread know exactly what you are trying to say. And in case you hadn't noticed most of us are disagreeing with you and those who aren't are taking a much more neutral stance.

What you don't appear to be taking on board is what we are trying to say. No-one is denying that the show became a parody of itself a couple of years ago. For instance when they did that car art exhibition May was clearly embarrassed by the whole debacle and I for one was cringing for him.

This current series is light years away from that appalling quality yet in spite of that you are getting yourself all worked up about one piece of self-confessed silliness that they are admitting is geared more towards a less mature section of the audience. And to this I have just one thing to say....

And what a surprise, someone else who can't read. My original posts were a reference to the past seasons of Top Gear, where we were all cringing at the bottom of the barrel humor. If you had taken the time to realise this instead of reacting like some Top Gear fanboy you might have realised that the reason these pieces were all so stupid wasn't because Clarkson, Hammond and May had lost their ability to be genuinely funny, but because they wanted to sit down on Sunday night with their children and make them giggle.

My argument is that Top Gear isn't FOR children - it's for people who share a love of cars and all things automotive. They don't need to run about like fools pretending that things have just 'miraculously' set themselves on fire (despite often well placed fire crews standing by) or by holding up traffic with ridiculous limos or homemade cars. Just in the same way the Top Gear magazine doesn't need to appeal to children by having a coloring in section or puzzles.

And before you start your obvious reproach, yes, there are still good parts sprinkled within the average show -i'm not condemning them all. I'm simply saying that in some episodes, the focus that used to be on creating an entertaining car programme shifted to trying to create an entertainment show that happens to have some cars in it. And I don't think its happened for the right reasons...

Then you should have worded it better from the off.

And accepted that if that were your original intention most of us were actually agreeing with it. Except it clearly wasn't otherwise we would have concurred far sooner. So I call BS on the above post.

And suggest you seek an internship at the Daily Fail.

My ability to read is vastly exceeded by your ability to interpret. Anyone who took the remarks about making episodes for children seriously, given the people who said it, requires tests for certain aspects of mental deficiency. Your follow-ups have proven that no testing is required.

Wow, you're so right. That whole video was hilarious. I'm sure you were laughing all day long at the huge jokes they were telling.

No wonder the degradation of Top Gear is beyond your interpretation, you can't even detect humor.

Then you should have worded it better from the off.

And accepted that if that were your original intention most of us were actually agreeing with it. Except it clearly wasn't otherwise we would have concurred far sooner. So I call BS on the above post.

And suggest you seek an internship at the Daily Fail.

What would be the point in seeking an internship? It's just another thing you wouldn't read before coming up with your own misinformed opinion.

Wow, you're so right. That whole video was hilarious. I'm sure you were laughing all day long at the huge jokes they were telling.

What I said in my initial post in here was that I was willing to give it a chance. There was some merit to it until it fell down at the end. In that regard, it's not that much different than a lot of the other two-parters they've done in the past few years: good to great opening, bad second half. For a prototypical example, see 15x03.

No wonder the degradation of Top Gear is beyond your interpretation, you can't even detect humor.

I've seen the last half of Series 13 and all of Series 14. I know what the Degradation of Top Gear looks like. And Series 17 isn't it.

You don't know british humor you insufferable oaf. They are just screwing about.

But anyway, this season/series has been a step in the right direction, but it's not over yet. Sounds like this weekends episode will be a step back, but we'll see.

Well I just got done watching the newest episode and I thought the cocking about bit was alright. At the very least, they didn't destroy the Jaguar or Audi S8, so that is something. And I thought the concept was pretty good. I remember camping out here in the Arizona desert and walking along the train tracks in the middle of no where, through tunnels cut through mountains and all that. Trains didn't come very often, but the train company did have big Ford trucks with those track wheels on the front and rear that go down and guide the trucks along the train tracks. So it was an interesting idea for a challenge, I thought. If you ignore the small fire and "accident", it really wasn't that bad.

I know what the Degradation of Top Gear looks like. And Series 17 isn't it.

Good. Because as i've mentioned more than a few times now, I was never talking about Season 17.

See kids, this is comedy. This person is trying to tell me i'm a troll by posting a dumb picture and adding nothing to the conversation. Can't you see the irony?

You don't know british humor you insufferable oaf. They are just screwing about.

Yeah, I think you might've been that Minneapolis person they were actually talking about in the video.

Last edited:
Good. Because as i've mentioned more than a few times now, I was never talking about Season 17.

Yet your comment -- and this entire thread, in fact -- was prompted by a video of Jeremy and Andy talking about a segment shown during... wait for it... Season 17!

Last edited:
Yet your comment -- and this entire thread, in fact -- was prompted by a video of Jeremy and Andy talking about a segment shown during... wait for it... Season 17!

Yes. And?

Look, once again, let me make it perfectly clear. Over the LAST FEW SEASONS it seemed as though Jeremy, James and Richard had all become a bit crap at making decent, genuinely funny segments. A lot of us believed the humor was too forced, and were annoyed that three people we knew to be pretty intelligent, were acting like a bunch of brainless morons.

When I watched that video with Andy and Jeremy, I suddenly realised that the reason it all looked so forced was because there was a deliberate and concerted effort to provide a level of entertainment that appealled to a much younger audience - an audience far less adept at picking up on staged events - hence why so many of us found it so jarring.

My point is, once again, that a car show isn't meant to appeal to such a young audience and that when a producer AND presenter confidently state that their children will enjoy these episodes, I just know that we're in for more of the same garbage that we've come to loath the past few seasons.

Last edited:
The point, and what you can't seem to understand, is you're so buried in and obsessed with the shit that you can't see the diamonds that have shown up since! Because of one little piece of a tongue-in-cheek video about a current episode, you've gone on this tirade about the rubbish that TG largely produced two years ago.

Yet, what about now? What about the excellent stuff they've produced now (and even last year, like the tribute to Ayrton Senna)? Are you really so gung ho on retroactively punishing TG for the bad stuff they did two years ago that all the good they've done in the aftermath means absolutely nothing to you? If so, that's a fucking shame because -- in my view, at the very least -- you're screwing yourself out of some damn good telly.

Reactions: MWF
http://img201.imageshack.**/img201/9965/banhammer.jpg

The point, and what you can't seem to understand, is you're so buried in and obsessed with the shit that you can't see the diamonds that have shown up since! Because of one little piece of a tongue-in-cheek video about a current episode, you've gone on this tirade about the rubbish that TG largely produced two years ago.

Yet, what about now? What about the excellent stuff they've produced now (and even last year, like the tribute to Ayrton Senna)? Are you really so gung ho on retroactively punishing TG for the bad stuff they did two years ago that all the good they've done in the aftermath means absolutely nothing to you? If so, that's a fucking shame because -- in my view, at the very least -- you're screwing yourself out of some damn good telly.

Look, as i've stated already (please, seriously, go check for yourself) I thought the start of season 17 was great. But, yet again, we're back to the silly, scripted, nonsense complete with the obligatory fire scene.

It might not bother you, but it bugs me and it certainly bugs a LOT of other people (again, please, go and read the comments on 17x04). Whilst it's true that there has been some great stuff sprinkled through even the worst seasons, it doesn't make these episodes any less disappointing. As Clarkson himself would say (and did say) "it's like they cooked the finest steak...and then covered it in snot".

Seeing as you're obviously so passionate about this, here's a question for you. Rather than 3 grown men shouting and pretending to be useless at everything, wouldn't you have prefered another segment like that of the Ayrton Senna one? Maybe Jim Clark or Richard Burns or even something else equally amazing and inspiring? Something other than a film, it seems, that was designed to keep a 12 year old girl watching the show?

You tell me...

http://img201.imageshack.**/img201/9965/banhammer.jpg

Oh look. Another person who can't use words, so posts nothing but retarded pictures. What is it with you little kids and your stupid images?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.