Top Gear ripped their intro tune!

Derek

Is Über
Car(s)
We're finally gonna need a car where we're going.
I was listening to a fresh album, Guitar Legends. I Came across a song; The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica. It is EXACTLY the same as the intro tune from Top Gear, the only diffrence is that it's instrumental rather then electronicly farted out of some machine (or electric guitar, but thats electronic aswell :p).

If you don't believe me, open up your favourite leeching program and hunt that song down!

:dunno:

Huh, why is that ripping? I heard the song too in the Top 2000.
Lots of programs get their intros from existing songs....

Goede tijden slechte tijden, onderweg naar morgen, all that shit in holland has intros from existing songs...

I assume the BBC pays "whatever the bands name was" some money for the copyright or whatever...

I don't see the issue....

ALL of the music from Top Gear is from established artists and is used legally. Why make new music, when there is such good stuff already available?

May they really ripped it! Without permission! We can sue them, and kill Top Gear :evil:

[Gremlin mode]Water isn't good for me :bangin:[/Gremlin mode]

But really, I was kinda shocked. The song sounds crap :p

May they really ripped it! Without permission! We can sue them, and kill Top Gear

So what's your point?

You wanna kill Top Gear?

:unsure:

I don't know actually :oops:

[Gremlin mode]If we win this case, I can buy myself a Carrera GT! :evil:[/Gremlin mode]

I need sleep :?

Has anybody seen the ending credits for the title song?

Yeah I just checked and no credits to that, but then again, they would have to thank every band for the songs they use every episode.

theres 1 episode where they briefly say where the music is from... cant remember which one though

They mentioned it at 48:45 in the 2003-11-16 episode. :mrgreen: I think it was also mentioned in the ep where they ran out of money, but I don't have a rip of that.

Anyway, the tune is not stolen, or whatever. Plus, if I remember correctly, they used the original record for earlier eps.

And the FinalGear forum users solve another mystery! You meddling kids! :thumbsup:

lol i always thot that was common sense.. i didnt think anyone thot that top gear made their own music lol

When Jeremy talks about all the dead rockers who have driven Lambos he says who wrote the tune... I forgot which episode though. Probably its the Gallardo one...

Derek said:
I don't know actually :oops:

[Gremlin mode]If we win this case, I can buy myself a Carrera GT! :evil:[/Gremlin mode]

I need sleep :?

hmm.......Carrera GT...top gear...Carrera GT...top gear...Carrera GT! :twisted:

Dude, Top Gear has been running since the '90s, if not before, and you're only noticing now? (So what if you live in Thailand and never heard it before!?)

It's like saying that you didn't know the Ski Sunday theme was a cover of a tune. (It is)

NTM

Jostyrostelli said:
Goede tijden slechte tijden, onderweg naar morgen, all that shit in holland has intros from existing songs...

So you're implying that those shows were named after their theme songs then?

well to be fair, the intro the old top gear format was the actual song by the allman bros (well some of it)

Yes, they have mentioned it. I believe it was the Lambo episode. I love it when people think they've made a huge discovery... only to find that everyone else already knew :p