Top Gear Russia English DUB

dogapult

AllentownPA/Qiryat Motzkin, Israel/ Wisconsin
Car(s)
'63 VW Beetle, '06 Infiniti G35, '73 Toyota Celica
I joined the TGR Sub team to originally do dubs. After idling for a bit, I finally sat down and did an episode. it's not the greatest, I admit. So I've given it a shot.
I did Episode 3.
(that was the first episode I was requested to do by the TGRsub team.)
It was difficult, I admit, and I know I made a few mistakes along the way. All I could really do is read the subtitles. Please consider this an "alpha," a trial, as it were. I did my best, considering I had to do a "one- er" (in other words, I recorded the whole thing in one shot) also, sorry for the large file size, I tried to encode it at the highest possible a/v quality.

On a side note, I am American, so how I say certain things is just the way I learned to

this is just a 9 minute "preview" so you guys can see the beginning without downloading the whole thing. Sorry for crappy quality, I don't
have a great mic (just the internal one on my dell laptop, and used Windows Movie Maker to do all of this.
9 minute preview
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SVJTNTDR

I've made a "normal" and "high quality" version.
normal quality (about 200 megs)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZXIQ6G6
high quality (about 700 megs)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1NSUV56

I'm working on getting the sound and speech and stuff better for the next episode, which I will record once I'm over this cold I have.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is appreciated.

I havent downloaded yet but even the effort is worth a "thank you"... So thank you! :)

Wow, thank you very much for your effort - I gotta try this one :w00t:

I watched a bit of the sample, and here are my two little thoughts:

1) Your voice wasn't loud enough - well, more like the audio on the track wasn't low enough.
2) Good stuff, but you don't sound very 'announcery' like I usually expect in a dubbed video. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe test out your radio voice next run? :)

Not bad..

You need to be louder. And a little more vibrant.

I think you did a really good job. One of my problems was missing things because I was having to read the subs.

+rep

Last edited:
untill i read the post that you were doing this at midnight i was thinking "why does it sound like he's whipspering?"

good job though, glad you put the emphasis on things as well, it makes the video better,

as for having dubbed, it's nicer then subs because there is so much activity that happens in the show that we miss it while reading.

any thoughts on doing the first few episodes dubbed???

untill i read the post that you were doing this at midnight i was thinking "why does it sound like he's whipspering?"

good job though, glad you put the emphasis on things as well, it makes the video better,

as for having dubbed, it's nicer then subs because there is so much activity that happens in the show that we miss it while reading.

any thoughts on doing the first few episodes dubbed???

I may do the earlier episodes, but right now, I don't have a whole heck of a lot of time on my hands. thanks for your kind words, I'm currently working on Episode 4, and will have a preview of the dubbed version (albeit badly recorded with Windows Moviemaker) out as soon as I get some feedback from the TGRsub team.

:blink: I didn't know they did episodes after the 8th. I have to search and watch them now.

If it turns out to be something interesting, I might give it a try and make some subtitles, but not until June anyway as I don't have any time to spare right now.

man, this subtitle business turns out to be quite difficult...
I spent about a half hour to translate and write down a couple of minutes from an episode. From now on I definately won't complain about any subtitle problems.
I'm sorry, but my subtitles will not be soon

I only speak english, but I would be glad to help where I can. If you can provide the translation, I can encode it into a subtitle format for you.