- Dec 2, 2006
- Ontario, Canada
- 1993 Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 / 1993 Toyota Celsior
I agree completly with this! I think its a much more entertaining show then TGA which I find quite boring. The speeding through petersburg I thought was fantastic! And the way he was so arrogant to the cop who pulled him over, and its funny, I think its going to shape up to be the 2nd best of the TG's.Things I like about TGR:
1. The presenters have some character. They don't appear to be reading lines off the screen in front of them, they're natural and relaxed, and joke a lot. The Fomenko guy is a Porsche fan, and although he seems biased, at least he has enough passion for cars to be biased. It really seems as if they actually care about what they're talking about. TGA presenters are just dolls who read lines with no connection/chemistry whatsoever.
2. Audience and female cast. Most of the girls in the studio are very pretty. Lots of eye-candy.
3. The challenges. You could actually see Fomenko recklessly speeding in the city streets WHILE there's traffic and people walking around. This could only be done in countries with no laws like Russia. Looks like there'll be fun.
4. The humor. It's Russian, but it's there. The program is made for Russian audience, so they don't try to please the world, just themselves. And it works for them. A lot of stuff said is really silly, and there's lots of careless word play. It's funny, I actually chuckled.
5. The pace. It's good. The scenes short/long enough, are complete and are just right. Everything lasts as much as it should, and there's just enough information provided to keep viewers entertained.
6. The feel. It doesn't feel corporate, if you know what I mean (nudge, TGA). It feels homey in a Russian way. It has warm atmosphere, and I like it.
Things I don't like:
1. Presenters obviously are not car experts. All admitted they were musicians. They reviews are going to be rubbish. But you know what, I don't care. Just say what you feel and make it sound funny, and that's all I ask. I can draw my own serious conclusions.
2. The cars they get for review... I'm not sure if Russia has enough good cars and roads to test them on.
Other than that, there's nothing to complain about. It's cheap, it's fun, and it's Russian.