Top Gear Russia

They should have a middle-eastern version of Top Gear -- imagine how much powersliding the presenters can pull off with a Nissan Sentra or something like that.

Top Gear China would be interesting -- a show consists of nothing but people riding around in scooters and Chinese-made VWs crashing into each other. A how-hard-could-it-be Top Gear challenge would be something like crashing a Chinese-made SUV into a wall... And surviving the crash. XD

In all seriousness, I can't see why having a Russian Top Gear is such a bad idea. If they want it, let them have it. It's not like they're showing the Russian version in the States or UK. They have their own language and motoring culture and I don't think there's a need for them to entertain us outside Russia as well, assuming of course if we can understand the language and the jokes.

I certainly wouldn't worry about the Top Gear UK's image being dragged down as well -- there're more than enough viewers to secure TG's existence on the telly. Plus, if I watch any other kinds of variations of Top Gear, like TGA or TGAmerica, why would I think any less of the original UK version?

Speaking of which, Top Gear Canada anyone? Just one hour of the presenters driving around in pick-up trucks towing logs around, while being drunk behind the wheel... Oh God, the horror. Well, at least ice-hockey with cars will be a regular segment.

Last edited:

In all seriousness, I can't see why having a Russian Top Gear is such a bad idea. If they want it, let them have it. It's not like they're showing the Russian version in the States or UK. They have their own language and motoring culture and I don't think there's a need for them to entertain us outside Russia as well, assuming of course if we can understand the language and the jokes.

I certainly wouldn't worry about the Top Gear UK's image being dragged down as well -- there're more than enough viewers to secure TG's existence on the telly. Plus, if I watch any other kinds of variations of Top Gear, like TGA or TGAmerica, why would I think any less of the original UK version?

Absolutely my thoughts. In fact, so much what I was coming on here to write that I'm a little spooked.
Have you been reading my mind ? :blink:

???? ?? ??????? ???????

???? ?? ??????? ???????

Stig-Red-Square.jpg

for me as a russian the idea of tg-russia is really cool

but no one ever compares to JC

but i still hope we're gonna see all those s65s and maybachs with cayenne turbos (these cars are really common in moscow) racing a bear in syberia or smthng)

I'm not really bothered about the show itself, but the way it will be associated with the UK version, with pointless challenges against each other (like the Dmotor challenge, which I thought was rubbish). I want all the shows to stay as far apart as possible so UK TG stays the same.

am I alone in thinking the 'local' Stigs should have slightly different names?

Like Stiggo or Stigsy for Australia, or Stigovich for Russia

Can't think of a good US one though :think: but I'm open to suggestions!

Hey, good original call madonion on the original sniff of the story and for bearing with the sceptics and naysayers
Because it will be epic fail. If not, at least everyone will be prepared to the worst. Talking about the cinematics of the future adaptation. The production company, mentioned in the press-release with its cooking programme with a budget of 3 roubles (it's on YouTube by the way). I can't even imagine how this guys are gonna shoot a car programme of a such high cinematic level. And million other aspects - scripting, music... Real well-paid pros should be involved. To make a proper TG-style season, they should sell their TV-centre. And I'm not even talking about helicopters and tanks in the frame.

What's the Soviet Russian for "Oh cock!"?
Nothing comes to my mind as a proper translation. Anyone russian-speaking here can suggest something except ???? ????? ))

They should have a middle-eastern version of Top Gear -- imagine how much powersliding the presenters can pull off with a Nissan Sentra or something like that.

Top Gear China would be interesting -- a show consists of nothing but people riding around in scooters and Chinese-made VWs crashing into each other. A how-hard-could-it-be Top Gear challenge would be something like crashing a Chinese-made SUV into a wall... And surviving the crash. XD

Speaking of which, Top Gear Canada anyone? Just one hour of the presenters driving around in pick-up trucks towing logs around, while being drunk behind the wheel... Oh God, the horror. Well, at least ice-hockey with cars will be a regular segment.

i know dubai Top Gear will have lots of powerslides and Burnouts.

[YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nYu7aEdtvuk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Some say he's a KGB experiment gone horribly wrong, while others say his limbs are recycled from disused T-72s all we know is he's called Stig Stigan'ich!

Some say he is immune to polonium-210, while others say he is allergic to salt .... all we know is he's called something like ????