Top Gear Russia

Got back my erased entries, I think there is no need to play confidentiality games now, it's all clear know. Waiting for official approvement on TG.com.
Thanks. :cool:

What better excuse to not watch it.

Well I dunno yet. At the one hand I'm quite scared that it will ruin the good vibes I feel now whenever I watch a TG episode. Even Aussie TG (even though I have only seen 2 episodes yet) seems to have got the essence of TG, which is more about male cameraderie and cocking about than about cars.

I sincelery hope the Ruski version shadows this. I shall be watching a couple of episodes before I make my final judgement though

This pretty much sums up my thoughts:

[Tue 08:01:13] <%Hidden_Hunter> lol, people thought tg au was bad
[Tue 08:01:16] <%Hidden_Hunter> tg rus
[Tue 08:01:18] <%Hidden_Hunter> lawlz

Even if it's "good", I think cultural differences will get in the way of us being able to stand watching it. But who knows...

We'll do our best to put out a rip.

not the cultural differences but the Russian language. :p If there will be downloads of this series than please with subtitles. :|

The big barrier will be the language I think, I am hoping it will have a certain charm, will depend upon the presenters. If subtitles are avaialble, or one or more of our Russian speakers on the forum could do them that would be really cool.

^ Top Gear are too cool for Rickrolling though.

You guys still have a hard time buying it, hah. I didn't even bother trying out TGA so I will give this a miss too, but come on, stranger things have happened (e.g. Bush/Cheney 2004).

We'll definitely need subs if they really make it. No matter how bad, I would at least watch the first season.

"The Dacia Sandero lapt the ring in 5 min!" - Mr. Medjedev says it lapt it in 1.03 min.! - "The Dacia Sandero lapt the ring in 1.03 min.!"

But should be interesting. And I think more interesting and entertaining then the Australian rip off. And I don't thing subtitles will help understand Russian humour. Good thing I understand them! :p If the presenters will be right and they will not try to copy TG UK everyone should laugh their asses off :)

Last edited:
Who will be the first guest? My guess is Xenia Onnatop.

She is a real figure, correct?

I think they might be making a Top Gear Korea next. Didn't they (TG UK Hosts) say they have "just been sold in Korea" a few seasons back?

I'm pretty sure all this means is that TGUK is now syndicated in Korea.

Whoa, this is for real?? Did not see that coming. And, er, can't say I'm optimistic about it...