Top Gear Russia

Is it too much to ask for both?

Not from normal UK TG, but I'm not sure about other versions. :(

I think they keep spending the BBC's money so they're restricted to shorter seasons.

In Soviet Russia, Top Gear watches you.

But in all seriousness...is a Russian version going to be much different to the English one in terms of environment and cars?

Granted they (Russia and England) are different, but not as different as say Australia or the U.S.A are to England.

Not sure why BBC/Top Gear are spreading themselves so thin, ergo reducing the quality of the show. Maybe it's the desperate need to keep the auto industry at the forefront. All I know is that these multiple franchises (INCLUDING USA) will only hurry TG to its untimely death.

In Soviet Russia, Top Gear watches you.

But in all seriousness...is a Russian version going to be much different to the English one in terms of environment and cars?

Granted they (Russia and England) are different, but not as different as say Australia or the U.S.A are to England.

The humor element will be very different, of course. In terms of cars tested... they might stick to "everyday" cars, although I wont be surprised to see exotics on once in a while

Ohh maan.... 2 days of the site and here you go....

Oh... People dont really get exited.... Our TV show industry suck miserably! For most cases we just cant film a good show or even a good movie...

But why do this with TopGear... oh man.. I predict it will suck! And Suck really bad.

You may say that I'm too hard on this. But I'm just beeing realistic. For now the best automotive show we have is probably "Main Road" and it it pretty embarasing to watch sometimes... (If you want I can upload an example) and I dont this this one will be much better... to much money involved IMO..

Koppel is clearly a fan of said dodgey show. I think there will be a huge gaping chasm between the UK version and this. Not sure if there will be much humour to be honest.

Top Gear russia will be a good show to watch if you've had an expencive car stolen from you. Might see the stig suddenly driving it. Quality.

Ok now a bit of Explanation. I'll post here a torrent for all the stuff we have.

First off. The most viewable and popular (due to it's advertising, good time and channel it's on). Main Road [??????? ??????]. It's popular probably only because it is weekly and it's on one of the biggest tv channels NTV [???].

Second there will be a small example video of Crankshaft [????????? ???] a second proper automotive TV show viewable by majority of people. It's weeky too, but dew to it's low popularity (with is bacically because of the time it airs and the channel it's on - DTV) there is not much rips on the net (basically 1 video or compiled dvd with 8 shows on it).

Then third and the last widely aviable stuff is from the automotive channel AUTO+ [????+] wich is aviable only through cable or satellite networks (and they're not so popular in Russia). This one produces number of shows wich wary from test drives and reviews to retro and event coverage. I'll add different ones for you to watch. And this channel is only one with test and review supercars...

Ok. Torrent will be up in an hour or so.

To those of you who plan to look at it, FYI it's only in russian.

I've taken a look at two of those: "Crankshaft" is typically boring and way too technical, not unlike TG of 80's. Main road is quite the opposite, so overly dramatized and badly acted :lol: Quite entertaining really.

It would be better if TG will make a Russian Special episode, not a whole show (as it was said previously).
Just look at these faces... I think only Nikolay Fomenko could be a good person to broadcast that show. If there will be Oskar Kuchera and Demidov, I'll shot myself. :|

Fomenko hosting :O that would be awesome :) Cant wait to see what they will come up with. So far TG Aussie isnt doing too bad and am happy that I can watch English and Russian versions without subs :D I just hope there wont be a German TG :p

Fomenko hosting :O that would be awesome :) Cant wait to see what they will come up with. So far TG Aussie isnt doing too bad and am happy that I can watch English and Russian versions without subs :D I just hope there wont be a German TG :p

There's DMotor already which is basically German TG as they said in the special. :rolleyes: