Top Gear Russia

Granted they (Russia and England) are different, but not as different as say Australia or the U.S.A are to England.

Er, what? I'm English and I would disagree VERY strongly with that. I don't think I even know anything about Russia. Whereas we certainly have a lot of American imports over here (and you probably do too?) which unites us as well as our language.

they might stick to "everyday" cars

That's not true! Have u seen the cars in the streets of Moscow? We have Porsche Cayennes as taxi cars... That's just a clue ;)

Sm?rg?sbord said:
I don't think I even know anything about Russia

Believe me, we do have a lot in common. We both hate traffic police, and the prices for the cars are pretty much the same - thanks to our governments and their damn car import taxes.

That's not true! Have u seen the cars in the streets of Moscow? We have Porsche Cayennes as taxi cars... That's just a clue ;)

:lol: I grew up in Moscow, trust me I know all about the cars there. You must not have seen my other posts talking about all the supercars there. All I was saying in my last post is that they might stick to testing regular cars instead of supercars.

How meny taxis is im Moscow ? And they all are Porsche Cayennes ? :blink:
5.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
How meny taxis is im Moscow ? And they all are Porsche Cayennes ? :blink:

Well I see them everyday on the roads. But We have not only Porsches for taxi :lol: No, it's more usually Renault Laguna or russian Volga.

There's DMotor already which is basically German TG as they said in the special.
yeah, but it's not like local version of tg, it's their oun version. And tg aus is absolutely the same.

About the subj - I'm absolutely sure it'll suck. There's no car show here that's not sponsored by some car sale company. They are afraid to tell the bad things about cars. Can't see the reason why things should be different for tg russia

still, fomenko isn't bad host, and demidov is a part of cool comedy troupe

As expected, on November 15th here in Russia we will be watching Top Gear UK Season 10. Russian version of TG will start in 1Q of 2009, I think.

So will TopGear Russia end up going to air before TopGear America?

Maybe if somebody tells NBC that the Russians are going to beat them to it, they'll get a move on. Rekindle a little old fashioned space-race rivalry. :lol:

Last edited:
So, what we have here...

This image popped-up today in that livejournal:

topgear_russian_version_presenters_confirmed.jpg

The logo titled as Top Gear Russian version.
First frame says: filming the "funeral" of English legendary Rover.
Second frame: The Oka is being thrown onto the truck.

Left to right, there is: Mikhail Petrovsky, Nikolai Fomenko and Oskar Kuchera.
On the second frame Nikolai Fomenko in the cabin of the truck lorry.

Selective quotes from the post:

"TOP GEAR. RUSSIAN VERSION" on REN TV in 2009!
Almost 3 years has been spent by BBC to carry on negotiations with Russian television about starting here the local version of super-popular British automotive programme Top Gear.

Finally the contract has been signed with REN TV and local version's filming began in autumn. Producer's choice lied on popular race-driver and showman Nikolai Fomenko, actor and tv-presenter Oskar Kuchera and automotive journalist Mikhail Petrovsky. This trio was also approved by englishmen.

In one of the first episodes the GAZ-66 was tested. The innocent Oka had been thrown on it from the tall crane.

The men behind Russian Top Gear claim the show will be not just expensive and stylish but will keep the British sense of humour and lightness of the original.

So it's real for certain I guess. :lmao:

I would watch a few episodes to try, if there were subtitles. Or maybe even without, it would be hilarious. Fomenko looks entertaining.

yeah we need subtitles ASAP if we're going to watch this. Any of you Russians feel the need to help us out?

Top Gear Russian version starts on February 22.
Here is the first studio shots. They were found in one chap's blog who partly writes script for the show.

Also in his blog you can find THIS.

UPD: He removed this entry

Last edited:
I've clocked a drift-spec S15 Sylvia in the left photo :rolleyes:

Edit: and a hottie

Edit2: and some pensioners :lmao: