Top Gear Russia

Looks really promising - I wanted desperately to know what they were saying.

Why did I waste my time in school "learning" French and German when Russian would have been so much more useful ):

this is going to spawn the biggest most comprehensive subtitle project ever in the top gear community.
(fingers crossed)

20090222-Two-new-TGRV-promos.jpg

Two new promos before the premiere, which starts in a few hours.
East part of Russia has already saw it, and the blokes say it's not so bad as it could be )

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9NKzIgtoIw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIfqN8BXiE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Streaming is really choppy over here... I can't really watch it. The track looks short!

Wait, did they all just go crazy over the Panamera? :lol:

Last edited:
So, I suppose we should make samples from all available rips and choose which one is better, then upload it on filesharing sites. Anyone from Russia wants to work that out with me? ) My internet connection is quite lame, so it can take all day )

MadOnion, I'm already downloading the one I've posted here. I'll compare it with the TV version and tell here.

I'm downloading the 419 and 701 mb rips, almost done with the smaller one. From what I've managed to find on comments from Russians about this, it's nowhere near as good as the original, but not as bad as some have feared - similar to what TG Australia started with, really. But I need to see this for myself... come on, faster! *hits the torrent-box*

My god, Fomenko is annoying... This could be at least twice as good without him screaming nonsense all the time.

So yeah, I'm not too crazy about first ep. Maybe it'll get better, but I doubt I'll ever like that trio. Petrovsky seems to be the least annoying one, I guess he has a May's role ;)

Ambitious... but rubbish :p

Last edited:
Ambitious, but rubbish, I can only repeat that having now watched it. Completely free of own ideas, much worse than the Australian version at that - they at least tried coming up with something original, Russians didn't even bother.

The hosts are annoying, don't have even a hint of the "comic chemistry" that exists between Clarkson, May and Hammond. The "reasonably priced car" is a Lada Kalina... race-prepared. Oh come on. The track can't be seen behind the grass, the music Stig listens to can't be heard over the commentary, and the star picnic was nicked straight out of TG 8x01 - and badly nicked, TG's one was at least funny in places.

Filming is useless, nobody seems to have told the crews that things like "in-car lighting" and "camera filters" exist and can and must be used to make a good car program. Only the Saint-Petersburg race looked good (due to good weather, I guess), but I'm sorry - driving at mad speeds across a busy city without any sign of security precautions and showing it on TV is not Top Gear, it is plain idiocy.

And they say to have made enough stuff for 15 episodes of that. God help us.

P.S. I will still watch the other ones; TG Australia started off pretty rubbish, too, but managed to improve a lot over the series. Maybe - just maybe - they still can pull it off.

Fine

Fine

I think it's a good start for our version of TG.

TG Australia - just a shadow of the greatest original TG and Russian version is little better, but it's just a copy too, damn good copy... for a start. :cool: We'll see, what will be later.

Last edited:
Well, just finished watching TG RU and I must say that it is a load of crap, for now at least.

It is just not right to cut the project on the first stage, so I am hoping to see improvements in future episodes. The reasons why I am frustrated are very simple - presenters are trying to be Jezza, JM and Hamster, but they are don't, they are too far from that (not in a good way, if you understand what I am talking about :) ). The show will collapse if they'll continue to tell old jokes, try to mimic behaviour of TG UK trio, provide far below decent reviews, driving, explanation and intrigue.

Presenters - is they key to every show, presenters - is the essence to hook up people to watch your show. Unfortunately, it is the weakest link in TG Russia.

Well, who knows, maybe I am criticizing a lot, hoping to see improvements in next episodes and, hopefully, rotation of some of the presenters...or all of them.

P.S. You don't wanna see the subs, believe me, don't :)

P.P.S. Even though it is a very decent creation for a russian show it is embarrassing to watch it after UK original and new series.