Top Gear S13 cutting out at 15 minutes

eric96ser

I downloaded this week's show and at around 15 minutes, the video goes black, but the audio continues. I figured it was just my Xbox, so I tried with Windows Media Player, and at the 15:xx mark, an error pops up and the playback stops. I downloaded it again, thinking there was an error, but the same thing happens again. Has anyone else run into this with this week's show? I've never had an issue with past files.

I, too, have had the same issue on both Xbox and two different WMP machines. VLC plays the file just fine, but I can't watch on the big screen in the living room.

I downloaded this week's show and at around 15 minutes, the video goes black, but the audio continues. I figured it was just my Xbox, so I tried with Windows Media Player, and at the 15:xx mark, an error pops up and the playback stops. I downloaded it again, thinking there was an error, but the same thing happens again. Has anyone else run into this with this week's show? I've never had an issue with past files.
I had this issue when watching on my 360, but Media Player on Win7 played it just fine.

This should help, from IRC

<db2450> run it though this: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ - that clears up nearly all problems people have with broken AVI files, unless the encoding is messed up :p

It actually works. Though I had no trouble on my PCH or with VLC.

I am so happy to find this and well it is what forced me to join here.

I've got a TV quality rip (recorded tonight from the BBC2 repeat) I can put up on one of the FTPs if anyone is still having problems?

I have had the same problem, so I'm giving both of the linked options a go...I need to watch this on my big screen...

Had the same problem with the 13x03 release from River 15:51 into the file so it seems it's an encoding/editing issue.

I downloaded it again, thinking there was an error, but the same thing happens again.

You can't really download a torrent incorrectly. Well, technically you can, but just hit "Force Recheck" in your client and it'll re-hash check it to make sure the file is correct. No need to ever download it again.

Had the same problem with the 13x03 release from River 15:51 into the file so it seems it's an encoding/editing issue.

13X03 was bad for me too. A quick fix and it was all good. Anyone know why the past 2 shows have had issues?

We don't make the rips, but I assume that in order to quickly get the rip out the door, they stop recording at about the 15 minute mark and start a new recording. They can then encode the first part of the show while the rest of the show is still airing.

Poor media players such as WMP don't handle any errors these Scene groups occasionally make well. I use Media Player Classic and have never run into this issue. :)

Hey folks, I have a strange issue with this rip as well. I'll quote myself from the original thread I posted in...

I have seen this on rip that FG posted, on the BBC.XviD.English-RU, BBC2.x264.English-FM

The Lambo/722 race was my favorite part of this episode. However, when I watched the race there was something that distracted my eye. I thought was just the speed of the cars that playing tricks on my eyes but then I looked at the race frame by frame.

This is what I found...

25:11
tg1.jpg

25:18
tg2.jpg

Notice in both shots the the 722's rear end is cut off. I'm not sure if this was a mistake in the file/rip I have or if it was done by the TG editing team. If it was done by the TG editing team, it means that they were trying to combine two separate frames to make it appear that it was one single frame.

River have form in this department lately (the f@#K up around the 15 minute mark) - it's not only TopGear. I think Viper007bond's theory is probably right - they're encoding them in parts & then stitching them together afterwards instead of encoding a single file.

excellent program, easy to use takes less the 30 seconds.

Thank you for helping out the community!

My hubby converted the file to an mp4 and it worked fine. I only had problems watching from the Xbox though. In WMP it played the full show, no problem.