Top Gear Season 11 General Discussion Thread

Z102

Car(s)
'07 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport
I don't really think he was either serious about adding a new character or it's just going to be silly.

That or it'll be Sabine.

My guess is all the stunts Richard used to do (sinking car, struck by lightning) will be now done by a professional (anonymous) stuntman. This of course will mean a "stunt of the week", which should be fun.

Can't wait to see the kind of trouble they get with their old Alfas. I remember the "old Italian supercar" challenge and this one could be epic. I don't think any of the three cars make it to the end in this one, either.

On a side note, I'm glad they've finally acknowledged that sometimes the films were too long and became a bit tedious after a while. I specially dislike the one with the tractors. The result (their entering the 24h Brit Car) was good, but the means (that tedious and over-stretched film with the three tractors) was boring as hell. Can't wait to see some of those "two or three minutes punk songs" Andy talks about.

aaurora

Car(s)
Mazda
A new character sounds...interesting...but unsure if it's actually required. I am wondering if it will be a bit like TGDog, fading away quietly. I am concerned with how much screen time it will take away from the TG3. And then eventually this new character may bump someone off entirely, give someone a chance to throw in the towel.

I'd personally rather NOT see another speaking character in the show, due to the fact that it WILL detract screen time from TG3.

Last edited:

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Well it all sounds jolly happy and even though shortening the long films could be a good idea (tractor film really is the best example, although the road rebuild is another good one) I hope this doesn't mean they'll make the good ones shorter. the 24h race deserved a full episode and I just adore the America & Africa specials, both of which deserved a full episode indeed.

All in all it sounds great. Can't wait! :cheers:

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I'm glad that Andy acknowledge that a lot of the recent films (channel crossing, tractors, limos, road works, endurance race, leyland cars, tt/brera/rx8 thing) was too long.

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
I think the scale of epicness* may have a new bar...

*Not really a word, but what the hell...

taxicity

Car(s)
Opel Corsa B (i'm still a student:))
Of course it will be epic, and I can't wait. I'm tired of reruns, really... About new character... That's a tricky one. I reckon that it could either be female Stig (Stigessa, maybe.. :D), or some young bloke, a kind of apprentice, young TG stud.. :). I don't know, i don't care, i want them to start already...

Raceguy08

Callaway for Top Gear

Callaway for Top Gear

On the 21st of May, filming of a new segment featuring Callaway will begin. If you would like more info PM me...

Last edited:

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Of course it will be epic, and I can't wait. I'm tired of reruns, really... About new character... That's a tricky one. I reckon that it could either be female Stig (Stigessa, maybe.. :D), or some young bloke, a kind of apprentice, young TG stud.. :). I don't know, i don't care, i want them to start already...

Mrs. Stig?

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
I can't freaking wait! All this sounds great!

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
This is great. Although i'm a bit worried about putting another person into the mix already with three people (and the Stig, but he's not really a person...). I can't wait for the Epic Race, Fox Hunt, Police Car, Cheap Car Challenge and all the cars that we have been looking forward to.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
This is great. Although i'm a bit worried about putting another person into the mix already with three people (and the Stig, but he's not really a person...). I can't wait for the Epic Race, Fox Hunt, Police Car, Cheap Car Challenge and all the cars that we have been looking forward to.
No way they'll ruin the chemistry. It won't be a real person i.e. a host IMO.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
yes please, but no 'new' presenter... it's just daft

aaurora

Car(s)
Mazda
this news has caused a slight tingling sensation in my pants ,

re japan business surely skyline gtr v bullet train ?

Good lord, are you that excited about seeing Hammond :p j/k

I think you may be right with the bullet train thing. That would be rad.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG

superswamper

Car(s)
2004 Mazda 6 5-door
The Hamster returns to Radio 2 on Bank Holiday Monday for another breakfast show crammed with great music and interactive features.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/hammond/

It looks like Hammond is back on Radio 2 this Monday. Maybe we'll hear some more information about the upcoming series.

Feel free to move if this should belong somewhere else.