So long, and thanks for all the fish
- Mar 6, 2005
- Motor City, Michigan
- 13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Oh for crying out loud not this rubbish again. You sound like those people who persist in claiming the moon landings were faked at a disused airbase in the Arizona desert.
Here is what happened.
1. Clarkson decides he wants to take a 928 on this trip. He also wants a manual gearbox.
2. Researcher (who wasn't even born when the Falklands conflict took place) locates two for sale in the UK.
3. One of the available cars is black, which they decide against because black cars don't look good on film.
4. They buy the other one.
5. The car gets shipped and only then do they notice the original number plate on the car and realise it could cause offence so they have plates made for the vanity plate the car wore at some point in its history to avoid controversy.
The TG crew have a reputation for taking the piss but they aren't completely stupid. If this were deliberate it would be almost as bad as if they'd spent half the Middle East trip with bacon in the engine bays and swigging vodka from the bottle as they drove along.
It was an unfortunate coincidence which is being milked by people with an axe to grind. You note nobody from Argentina has apologised for the behaviour of the thugs who did what they did to the crew. Why not? No mileage in it.
Stop using facts to prove the truth.